Nominations are invited for CSIR Diamond Jubilee Technology Award 2020. The final date of application submission is 25 July 2021.
With the target to foster technological innovation based mostly on innovative science, CSIR launched an annual Diamond Jubilee Technology Award on 26th September 2002 in commemoration of its Diamond Jubilee celebrations.
It was launched in recognition that mere investments in creating enabling infrastructure and assist techniques aren’t sufficient for reaching cutting-edge technological breakthroughs. Continuous encouragement and motivational nourishment should be supplied to potential inventors and innovators to unleash and notice their inventive potential. Besides, those that achieve giving excellent efficiency should be honored by the nation.
The award is to encourage scientists, engineers, and technologists to develop innovative technologies and merchandise which can be amongst the best in the world and improve India’s image. Technologies resulting in commercially profitable products, processes, and services, which give India a sustainable competitive advantage, are considered for the award.
Besides, the technological innovation should simultaneously assist broaden interactions amongst academic, R&D, and financial establishments and industry and commercial sectors, and supply newer vehicles for commercialization. The Award is meant for scientific discovery or technological improvements, which have reached the marketplace. It is given yearly to a technology that’s developed within the nation by Indian innovators and meets the very best international requirements.
Nominees should be:
- An Indian team, a company, or an organization. In the case of groups, Indian citizenship is a prerequisite. For an organization/ group, more than 50 percent of its shares or property must be owned by the citizens of India / Indian entities.
- The technological innovation should have originated in India or if it has been developed elsewhere, it must have a significant and extremely innovative Indian component.
Criteria for the Award
Technological innovation should
- Create a new market or considerably develop a present market, with demonstrated aggressive benefit and huge cross-part of customers/ client response;
- Compete efficiently internationally on the idea of novelty, worth, high quality, performance, and reliability;
- Help elevate capital or improve the value/brand equity or picture of the corporate / group;
- Promote employment within the nation; and
- Contribute advantages to the group usually and assist elevate the requirements of high quality of life of the group.
All info acquired will likely be considered in confidence and accessible solely to the Awards Secretariat and Members of the CSIR Technology Award Selection Committee.
- Please reply to every of the following in most 200 words.
- Title of the Technology.
- Name, deal with, contact details, authorized status, and ownership sample of the group/firm.
- Scientific and Technical description of the technological innovation.
- Extraordinary options for technological innovation.
- Quantifiable and tangible benefits ensuing from the technological innovation (give metrics for quantification).
- Features of competitive technological improvements whether or not in follow or not.
- Characteristics of technological innovation that make it stand out from its rivals (evaluate the options).
- Impact of the technological innovation together with the tactic of willpower on (i) India’s competitiveness (ii) Society (iii) Employment and (iv) Environment.
- Significant scientific & technical challenges had been overcome within the growth and switch of technological innovation.
- Technological and monetary dangers taken or investments made to develop the technological innovation from the idea to commercialization.
- Alliances and partnerships that facilitated technological innovation and their contributions.
- Commercial standing together with estimated current market share and future potential of the technological innovation and the idea how this was decided.
- Details of Intellectual Property Rights secured and utilized for (point out patent numbers & enclose abstracts).
- Scientific publications emanating from technological innovation (enclose reprints).
- Any different vital side not highlighted above
- Please enclose collateral materials such as group’s / firm’s annual reviews (for previous 3 years), scientific, technological, commerce and media protection on the technology innovation.
- The utility should pertain to the scientific discovery or technological improvements, which have reached the marketplace within the year 2020.
A two-tier choice process is in place. The preliminary screening to shortlist the qualifying candidates is completed by a committee of seven eminent consultants representing various disciplines. The brief listed candidates are thought of thereafter by a high-level skilled committee chaired by an eminent technologist / Chairman of the CSIR Advisory Board with membership comprising of:
- Industrial associations comparable to CII, FICCI, ASSOCHAM;
- Directors of CSIR Laboratories;
- Financial Institutions / VCF;
- Past CDJTA Awardee; and
- Eminent Experts.
- All the members are nominated by DG, CSIR.
The award consists of a money prize of Rs. 10 lakh, a citation, and a plaque.
Head, Technology Management Directorate – Industry Interface
Council of Scientific & Industrial Research
Anusandhan Bhawan 2, Rafi Marg, New Delhi – 110 001
Tel: 011 23710453
Email: cdjta[at]csir.res.in or tmd-indus[at]csir.res.in
N.B. – Here in JobSeeker24.com we attempt to get you the precise data. After all, all of us are human beings, subsequently, there could also be some errors. Providing any fallacious data won’t be our function. If you might have any doubt relating to any data, please conduct your individual search and confirm. Thank you