Applications are invited from eligible candidates for the Eiffel Excellence Scholarship Program 2022 in France.
About Eiffel Excellence Scholarship Program 2022:
The Eiffel Excellence Scholarship Program (Eiffel Program) has two components:
- The master’s component offers 12 to 36 months of funding to enable scholarship holders to earn a master’s-level degree.
- The doctoral component supports up to 12 months of doctoral research in France as part of a joint doctoral program.
The Eiffel Program was established by the French Ministry of Foreign Affairs to help French institutions of higher education in their efforts to attract top foreign students to their master’s and doctoral programs.
Its purposes are (i) to train future foreign decision-makers in the private and public spheres in priority areas of study and (ii) to attract applicants from developing countries to French master’s programs level and applicants from developing and industrialized countries to French doctoral programs.
Fields of study for Master and Doctoral:
The two spheres of Eiffel scholarships are available in the following seven fields:
|1.||Science & Technology|
|2.||Human & Social Sciences|
Levels of Study:
French institutions nominating candidates for the Eiffel Program commit to admitting them to:
- a master’s degree program
- an engineering program
- a joint doctoral program (joint supervision of dissertation and/or dual degree), in partnership with a partner institution abroad.
|1.||Nationality||The Eiffel Program is reserved for non-French nationals. Candidates with two nationalities of which one is French are not eligible.|
|2.||Age||Candidates for the master’s component must be 25 or under at the time of the 2022 competition—that is, they must have been born after the 31 of March 1996. Candidates for the doctoral component must be 30 or under at the time of the 2022 competition; they must have been born after the 31 of March 1991.|
|3.||Source of Application||Only applications submitted by French educational institutions will be accepted. These institutions commit to admitting awardees to the academic program specified in the application. Applications from any other source shall not be considered. Any candidate nominated by more than one institution shall be disqualified.|
|4.||Academic Levels Targeted||Eiffel Program scholarships are intended for students seeking to enroll in a master’s-level program in France (including at a school of engineering) and for doctoral candidates. Only programs recognized by the French government are eligible. The Eiffel Program cannot be used at French-run programs abroad or in connection with apprenticeship contracts or professional training contracts.|
|5.||Scholarship Conflicts||Applications nominating students who, at the time of application, have already been awarded another French government scholarship will not be accepted, even if the other scholarship covered only health insurance.|
|6.||Masters Component||An application nominating a student rejected in a previous competition will not be accepted, even if the application was submitted by a different institution or in another field of study. Students who have previously received an Eiffel master’s scholarship are not eligible to receive another at the master’s level.|
|7.||Doctoral Component||Institutions may nominate for a doctoral scholarship a candidate previously awarded a scholarship at the master’s level. Candidates previously awarded a doctoral scholarship are not eligible to receive another. Applications nominating a candidate rejected in a previous competition will not be accepted, even if the application was submitted by a different institution or in another field of study.|
|8.||Language Proficiency||When preselecting non-French-speaking candidates, institutions shall ensure that the candidates’ language skills meet the requirements of the academic program.|
Duration of the scholarship:
- For both components of the program, the scholarship is awarded for the academic year corresponding to the call for applications.
- The funded study period must begin between September 1 and December 31 of the year in which the scholarship is awarded. The start date cannot be postponed.
- The scholarship may be used solely for academic work performed in France, except in certain cases involving internships and exchange periods, as detailed further on.
|1.||Masters Component||The Eiffel scholarship consists of a monthly allowance of €1,181 (a maintenance allowance of €1,031 plus a stipend of €150). In addition, the following benefits are provided:|
|2.||Doctoral Component||The Eiffel scholarship includes a monthly allowance of €1,700 (since 1 January 2021). In addition, it provides the following direct benefits:|
- Submission of online applications: week of 27 September 2021.
- Deadline for receipt of applications by Campus France: 7 January 2022.
- Interested students should contact the institution that is to submit their application to determine that institution’s deadline for submission of students’ application materials.
- Publication of results: week of 4 April 2022.