Pradhan Mantri Rashtriya Bal Puraskar 2023 is an initiative by the Ministry of Women & Child Development, Government of India for Indian children below 18 years of age who will be awarded for their merit in innovation, scholastic, sports, arts, culture, social service, music or any other fields.
The Government of India now introduces these awards under the name of “Pradhan
Mantri Rashtriya Bal Puraskar” in two categories i.e
3.1) Bal Shakti Puraskar (Earlier known as National Child Award)
3.2) Bal Kalyan Puraskar (Earlier known as National Child Welfare Award):-
Bal Shakti Puraskar:
The Ministry of Women & Child Development instituted the Award in 1996 to give
recognition to children with exceptional abilities and outstanding achievements.
It was then known as National Child Award for Exceptional Achievements. The Award is
now known as “Bal Shakti Puraskar”. The award is given as a recognition to children with
exceptional abilities and outstanding achievements in the field of innovation, scholastic,
sports, art & culture, social services, and bravery.
Eligibility Criteria for Bal Shakti Puraskar:
- A child who is an Indian Citizen and residing in India above the age of 5 years and not
exceeding 18 years (as on 31st August of respective year).
- Excellence in any one of the following fields (achievements that benefit society will be
● Art &Culture
Bal Kalyan Puraskar – Individual:
These awards are given to individuals who have made an outstanding contribution towards
services for children in the fields of Child Development, Child Protection, and Child Welfare
for not less than 7 years and have made a positive impact on the lives of children.
Eligibility Criteria for Bal Kalyan Puraskar – Individual:
- An individual who is an Indian Citizen and residing in India of the age
group 18 or more (as on 31st August of respective year).
- Minimum 7 years of experience in any one of the following fields (Achievements that
benefit society will be encouraged)
● child development
● child protection
Bal Kalyan Puraskar – Institution:
These awards are given to institutions that have done exceptional work for the cause of
children in any field of Child Development, Child Protection, and Child Welfare for not less
than 10 years and have made a positive impact on the lives of children.
Eligibility Criteria for Bal Kalyan Puraskar – Institution:
- The institution should not be entirely funded by the government
- The institution should have been in the field of child welfare for 10 years and should
have been performing consistently in the field. The contribution should have positively
impacted the lives of the children.
Note: “For furnishing any false information, the applicant/ person shall be liable for suitable legal action as per law”
What is the last date of Application for the Pradhan Mantri Rashtriya Bal Puraskar?
Particulars of the recommended Child/Individual/Institution for the award should be
furnished on the web portal by 31st August of the respective year.
How to Apply for Pradhan Mantri Rashtriya Bal Puraskar 2023?
- Click Apply on the home page.
- Register yourself (if not already done). After submitting the registered form, a confirmation link will be sent to your registered email id. Authorize and activate by clicking on the link of the email.
- Enter Username (which is your registered email id), Password and Captcha code given and click Submit.
- Once logged in, on the left menu click on Apply for awards and click on View Categories.
- Click on Apply to fill up the application form for which you are eligible.
- Fill out the form and click Submit.
- After submitting the form, add Annexures supporting the application and click on Save. The application won’t be accepted till this step is completed.
- After successful submission, an acknowledgment slip with application no. will be generated.
- SMS will be received by the applicant at the time of final submission of the application and at the time of final selection.
- For any query please see the FAQ page or you may write to the helpdesk at:
Follow us On Our Social Platforms:
|1. Join our Telegram Channel:||Click Here|
|2. Like us on Facebook:||Click Here|
|3. Follow us on Instagram:||Click Here|
|4. Follow us on LinkedIn:||Click Here|
|5. Follow us on Google News:||Click Here|