Applications are invited from eligible candidates for the Reporters Without Borders Germany Berlin Scholarship Program 2022.
Table of Contents
About Reporters Without Borders Germany Berlin Scholarship
Reporters Without Borders Germany provides journalists from warfare zones and disaster areas the chance to take a break in Berlin for 4 months and complete a coaching program in digital safety.
The program is funded by the Berlin Senate Department for Economics, Energy, and Public Enterprises.
It goals to provide participants with practical knowledge and abilities to guard themselves towards digital threats such as surveillance or hacker assaults in their journalistic actions.
In a second section, with the help of the coaching staff, the participants prepare their training idea, by way of which they will go on their newly acquired knowledge to colleagues of their residence nations.
In this manner, journalists outside the scholarship program may profit from the digital safety skills taught in the program.
Main topics of the digital safety training:
- Holistic safety fundamentals for journalists, bloggers, media professionals, and citizen journalists in danger
- Operational safety together with danger assessments and safety planning
- Online identification administration for investigative journalists, together with a technical background and practical use of anonymization tools
- Secure online communication ideas, technology, and instruments, together with secure online conferencing for interviews
- Password and account safety and data safety on social media and different online accounts for media work
- Device safety for computer systems and cellphones of journalists at risk
- Website safety for media websites under attack
- Secure online and offline knowledge storage together with encryption for media information
- Online information verification
The Ideal Candidate:
Professional journalists, bloggers, media professionals, and citizen journalists who
- are exposed to digital threats as a result of their work in their home regions.
- want to learn and work extensively with digital safety with a view to enhance their personal safety.
- are excited about passing on the knowledge acquired during the scholarship program to colleagues of their residential areas and, ideally, have already got some experience in instructing or different areas of knowledge transfer.
- They cover the travel costs, maintain all visa-related issues, present a pleasing apartment in Berlin for the duration of the scholarship, a month-to-month allowance, free use of public transportation in Berlin, and an in-depth training program with certified specialists within the area of digital safety.
- Furthermore, throughout their stay in Berlin, scholarship holders might be given insights into the actions of Reporters Without Borders Germany, a globally active journalist, and human rights organization.
- Applicants should have a really strong command of the English language, as the whole scholarship program will be carried out completely in English.
- Applicants should have satisfactory expertise working as a journalist, be it as a professional journalist or a citizen journalist.
- An excessive degree of proficiency in regard to digital safety is not required; anybody who’s used to working with a computer and a smartphone can apply.
- In addition, candidates should present that they’re willing to return to their residence area after the fellowship in Germany.
- Previous teaching experience can be desirable.
Please send a completed and signed application form, the completed questionnaire, your CV, and proof of identification (copy of your ID or your passport) as attachments in separate PDF documents (4 PDFs in complete) by way of the Signal messenger service to +491636743853, or if in case you have a ProtonMail account to rsf.digitalfreedom[at]protonmail.com.
If you understand how to use PGP, you can also send it as an encrypted email to digitalfreedom[at]reporter-ohne-grenzen.de.
The application form and the questionnaire are fillable PDF information. Please fill in this information on a computer and send them to us in this form. Follow these directions to make sure that we can read all your texts:
1. Save the 2 PDF files
2. Fill in the two files on your computer
3. Save the completed files again
4. Send the completed files to us
Nov 29, 2021
Read More Similar Posts Below:
- SBI PO Recruitment; 2022 @1673 posts
- Combined Graduate Level Group ‘B’ and ‘C’ posts Recruitment [email protected] Now
- ZF Off Campus Drive 2022 | 2022 Pass Outs Can Apply | BE/BTech – EE,ECE | GET Role
- Milliman Off Campus Drive 2022 | 2021, 2022 & 2023 Graduates | Any Graduate | Trainee Software Engineer | Apply Now
- Ubisoft Off Campus Drive 2022 | BE/BTech | 2021, 2022 Batch | Trainee Moderator Role | Apply Now