Applications are open and invited for the Commonwealth Youth Awards for Excellence in Development Work 2022.
About the Commonwealth Youth Awards
Organized and delivered by the Commonwealth Youth Programme, the Commonwealth Youth Awards for Excellence in Development Work goals to recognize and have a good time with younger individuals (aged 15 – 29) within the Commonwealth who’re spearheading impactful, sustainable growth work of their communities.
Awards will be decided on the basis of:
- Level of Impact;
- Level of innovation/fresh approaches to problem fixing;
- Quality of accomplishment;
- Quality of the evidence provided; and
The main aims of the Commonwealth Youth Awards are to:
- Highlight the contributions younger individuals are making to development work within the Commonwealth, particularly by the Sustainable Development Goals;
- Create an atmosphere that is able to encourage and maintain investments in youth-led growth;
- Illustrate the depth and breadth of expertise, dedication, and creativity that exists amongst younger individuals throughout the Commonwealth; and
- Motivate, encourage, and challenge younger individuals to set excessive requirements for his or their work/service at the neighborhood, national, regional, or international levels.
- The nominee should have been engaged in development work for more than 12 months, both in an expert or voluntary capacity;
- The nominee has to be a Commonwealth citizen and the development work have to be taking place in a Commonwealth member nation;
- The nominee shouldn’t be older than 29 years of age on 31 December 2021;
- Individuals can nominate themselves or be nominated by somebody who can precisely describe their growth work; and
- Winners should agree to participate in publicity generated by the Commonwealth.
There will be 4 finalists for every Commonwealth area with the highest entries receiving the Regional Winner Award. The top Regional Winner will obtain the Pan-Commonwealth Award and be named the Commonwealth Young Person of the Year 2022.
- The 20 Regional Finalists will each obtain a £1,000 grant, a trophy, and certificates.
- The 5 Regional Winners will obtain a further £2,000 (a complete of £3,000) a trophy and certificates.
- The Pan-Commonwealth Winner will obtain a further £2000 (a complete of £5,000) a trophy and certificates.
- The Regional Winners and Pan-Commonwealth Winner will be officially announced throughout Commonwealth Week in March 2022.
October 17, 2021
Email: [email protected]
Click here to view the official notification for the Commonwealth Youth Awards for Excellence in Development Work 2022.
Read More Opportunities Below:
- Participate in Adobe Analytics Challenge 2021 ( Prize worth 44L) | Apply by 21st September
- Amrit Mahotsav Shri Shakti Challenge 2021 by MyGov [Grants Upto Rs. 10 L] | Apply by 17th September
- Young Global Changemakers (YGC) Award 2021 | Apply by 31st August
- Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana Quiz Contest 2021 by Govt of India [Prizes of Rs. 19k]: Register by 21st August
- Goethe Institut Upcycling Competition 2021 [Prizes Worth Rs. 87k] | Submit Application by 15th Sept.