Applications are invited from eligible candidates for the Inlaks Theatre Award 2022 by Inlaks Shivdasani Foundation.
Table of Contents
About the Award
The Foundation invites proposals from Indian residents aged below 35 at the time of application, in the direction of ability enhancement within the area of theatre. This might embody attending training workshops, residencies or any other activity that the applicant deems acceptable for a most period of 1 year. It must be noted that this award doesn’t cover the tuition fee towards attending a full-time theatre programme in an institute.
Depending on the proposal and the size of the proposed programme, the Foundation will provide an allowance of Rs. 10,000 monthly during the programme, which mustn’t exceed one year.
The applicant should send a letter from the mentor/institution below whom the applicant proposes to bear the ability enhancement programme.
- For short-term awards (of three months or much less) the amount awarded can be paid upfront and the mentor or institution will need to submit a letter certifying that the awardee attended and completed the programme for which the award was made.
- For longer-term awards (of over three months) half the amount awarded can be paid in the beginning. The second instalment can be paid at the midpoint of the time period of the award on receipt of a progress report from the head of the institution, mentor, guide or guru underneath whom the applicant will be working.
- The number of awards might range between 2-3, depending on the merit of the applications obtained.
- The selection process will happen in two rounds. The written application and reference letters would be the major criterion for the first round. The short-listed candidates will then be expected to appear in front of the selection committee for an audition for the final selection.
- The applicant must be a current graduate / post-graduate from a leading Indian institute for theatre arts in India. Applicants not having a proper degree however possessing a record of high-quality record of previous achievements could also be considered in distinctive circumstances.
- The recipient mustn’t maintain a similar / government scholarship or award during the tenure of the Inlaks Theatre Award.
- He / She must be below the age of 35 years on December 31st within the year of application.
- Please state you probably have utilized for an Inlaks award before. If so, mention the year you had applied.
How to Apply?
Interested candidates can download the application form.
- The downloaded application type may be stuffed in by hand or by type and should be emailed in.
- The applications may be despatched to the following email: [email protected]
- The application must be submitted in pdf format.
- Please note that there is a 10 MB limit on pdf submissions. If your file isn’t in pdf format or is over 10 MB it is not going to be considered.
- The topic line should read as Inlaks Theatre Award 2022.
- Letter of acceptance from your Guru/ Guide /institution/collaborator with whom you propose to work.
September 15, 2021
Click here to view the official notification for the Inlaks Theatre Award 2022 by Inlaks Shivdasani Foundation.
Read about more opportunities below:
- The Tata Capital Pankh Scholarship Programme 2022
- Legrand Empowering Scholarship Program 2022-23
- Sensodyne IDA Shining Star Scholarship Program 2022 | INR 4.2 Lakhs for 4 Years
- Keep India Smiling Foundational Scholarship & Mentorship Programme 2022-23
- Kotak Kanya Scholarship 2022 | Scholarship Amount: INR 1.5 Lakhs