Applications are invited from eligible candidates for the Mitacs Globalink Research Internships 2022.
About the Internship
The Globalink Research Internship is a highly competitive initiative that attracts proficient researchers to Canada. Each year, interns from select Mitacs accomplice nations and areas come to Canada for 12 weeks from May to October to undertake analysis tasks at Canadian universities.
The goal of the Globalink Research Internship is to construct a bridge between Canada and rising worldwide analysis expertise.
What a Mitacs Globalink Research Internship affords you?
- A 12-week internship that will increase your knowledge of and explores hands-on analysis in your discipline of research
- Work below the supervision of outstanding faculty members, with graduate students and research associates
- Access to Canada’s distinctive research landscape: applied, dynamic, and revolutionary
- Rewarding expertise combining tutorial analysis at a Canadian university, professional expertise growth courses, and social activities
- An opportunity so that you can discover your independence and acquire worldwide expertise in a new nation
- The alternative to attach with potential graduate supervisors should you be concerned with returning to Canada for graduate research with a Mitacs Globalink Graduate Fellowship
Eligibility Requirements for 2022
- Be at least 18 years of age at the time of application
- Be enrolled in a full-time undergraduate or mixed undergraduate/master’s program at an eligible establishment (see list of eligible institutions by country)
- Have one to three semesters remaining of their program as of Fall 2022
- Meet the grade necessities for his or her country of study (see GPA necessities for every worldwide partner)
- Apply to a minimum of three and a most of seven tasks and ensure selections are from at least three completely different Canadian provinces
- Be fluent within the oral and written language of the project (English and/or French)
- Be available to complete an internship lasting 12 consecutive weeks between May 1 and October 31
Globalink Research Internships are open to students at universities within the following accomplice countries and areas:
- Hong Kong
- United Kingdom
- United States
Partners: All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE), and Shastri Indo-Canadian Institute (SICI)
Eligible institutions in India: View listing – no different institutions can be added
Eligible applicants: Indian residents; full-time undergraduate students (or combined undergraduate/master’s program) with one to three semesters remaining of their program as of Fall 2022.
- AICTE: Engineering
- SICI: All
Minimum cumulative grade point average:
- AICTE: 80%
- SICI: 70%
Overview of GRI Cycle and Important Dates
|April to June 2021||Faculty application: Faculty submit analysis tasks to Mitacs. Project proposals are due June 9, 2021, by 1 p.m. PT for 2022 Globalink Research Internships.|
|July to August 2021||Faculty application vetting: Projects are reviewed by Mitacs and decisions communicated to professors. All profitable tasks are made available to student applicants in an online database.|
|August to September 2021||Student application: International students submit applications and choose analysis tasks from the web database. Mitacs conducts an eligibility overview of student applications in October.|
|November 2021 to January 2022||Matching: Mitacs supplies professors with a shortlist of student candidates for his or her project. Professors are then requested to overview student applications, conduct interviews and then rank the candidates so as of suitability. Mitacs collects student and professor rankings, then finalizes offers to students. Final results are announced in February.|
|February to April 2022||Pre-internship preparation: Successful students begin working with their Canadian host professors to rearrange pre-internship details (e.g., studying to be completed beforehand) whereas Mitacs oversees logistics and coordinates with university administrative offices.|
|May to October 2022||Internship: Globalink analysis interns arrive in Canada and work with supervising professors for 12 weeks on their analysis mission.|
Interested candidates can apply for the Mitacs Globalink Research Internship through this link.
Email: [email protected]
Read More Similar Posts Below:
- Samsung SRIB Software Developer Hiring Challenge 2021[Online]: Register by 24th Oct
- Project BookPecker Fellowship(WFH): Application Deadline 7th November
- Financial Content Writing Internship at SEBI, Mumbai: Deadline 30th October
- IFAO-PCMA Post-Doctoral Fellowship 2022-23 Stipend Up to 27 Lakhs | Application Deadline 27th November
- Participate in Adobe Analytics Challenge 2021 ( Prize worth 44L) | Apply by 21st September