The COVID-19 pandemic has exacerbated the inequalities and hardships faced by already vulnerable groups, particularly the poor, elderly, the disabled, and women and girls. With the aim of moving towards building back a better and smarter city, that is “The Future We Want” and not the “The Future We Get”, we must act fast, join efforts, and come up with disruptive ideas to effectively achieve a global recovery.
With that in mind, solutions will absolutely need to factor in the “Building Back Smarter” situation that is social distancing, online services, and protective measures; which will require developing:
- effective methods to monitor and secure access to basic services to vulnerable groups
- improved measures for prevention, preparedness, and response to similar challenges
- data analytics to identify lasting consequences of the pandemic
With this Smart Cities Datathon, ADB is challenging innovators (startups, students, research organizations and independent researchers, corporate partners) around the world to tackle the following problem statement:
To build back smarter, how can digital solutions be used to make cities more livable with a focus on one or more of the following:
- Access to urban services and amenities
- Participation and influence in the decision-making process
- Improving financial access
This Challenge is open to the general public from ADB member countries. Teams may be composed of between 1-5 persons. The Challenge is also offered to:
- University Students and Faculty
- Research Organizations and Independent Researchers
- Corporate Partners
- Application Phase: March 17 to May 31, 2021 (Register and submit your Solution Pitch Deck!)
- First Online Voting: June 1 to 14, 2021 (The Top 10 Solutions will be shortlisted)
- Mentoring Phase: June 14 to 28, 2021 (Guidance from ADB specialists to further improve submissions)
- Second Online Voting: June 29 to July 5, 2021 (The Top 4-5 Solutions will be shortlisted)
- Final Event: Mid-July, 2021 (Finalists to pitch to the Grand Final Panel of Judges)
- USD 20,000 will be awarded to the best solution!
- This international seed funding aims to encourage submitters to ‘think global’ with their ideas/solutions with the objective of testing and scaling the solutions
For registration, click on the below link.
Smart Cities Datathon 2021 by ADB Bank.
For more related opportunities, click below:
Manufacturing Engineer job at VOLVO Group, Bengaluru: Apply Now!(Opens in a new browser tab)
N.B. – Here in JobSeeker24.com we attempt to get you the precise data. After all, all of us are human beings, subsequently, there could also be some errors. Providing any fallacious data won’t be our function. If you might have any doubt relating to any data, then please conduct your individual search and be confirmed. Thank you