Candidates are invited to the Prime Minister’s Scheme for Mentoring Young Authors.
Under the dynamic leadership of Hon’ble PM Shri Narendra Modi, the National Education Policy 2020 emphasizes empowering young minds & creating a learning ecosystem that can nurture young learners for future leadership roles.
To foster this goal, and commemorate India’s 75 years of Independence, a national scheme YUVA: Prime Minister’s Scheme For Mentoring Young Authors will go a long way in cementing the foundation of these leaders of tomorrow.
For a country like India, which tops the world chart in the youth population, we have a lot of potential ready to be tapped into and utilized for capacity and nation-building. This demographic advantage offers India and its economy an unprecedented edge. With this express intent of mentoring a new generation of young creative writers, there is an imminent requirement to take initiatives at the highest level, under the visionary national level flagship program of Ek Bharat Shreshtha Bharat.
Essentially, the scheme envisions cultivating modern ambassadors of Indian literature as the country heads towards 75 years of independence. Our country is ranked 3rd in the arena of book publishing, and to further boost this treasure trove of indigenous literature, we must project this on the global stage.
This scheme will help not only develop a stream of writers who can write on a spectrum of subjects to promote Indian heritage, culture, and knowledge, but also provide a window to the aspiring youth to articulate themselves in their mother tongue and represent India at an international level.
This program will be in tune with Hon’ble PM’s vision of Global Citizen and establish India as a Vishwa Guru.
This scheme will ensure creating a pool of authors of below 30 years who are ready to express themselves and project India on any international platform, as well as it will help in projecting Indian culture and literature globally.
The young authors so mentored shall become proficient in writing in various genres like fiction, non-fiction, travelogues, memoirs, drama, poetry, and so on.
It will make sure to bring reading and authorship as a preferred profession at par with other job options, making the children of India take reading and knowledge as an integral part of their grooming up years. In addition, it will bring a positive psychological push to the young minds given the impact and effect of the recent pandemic on the mental health of children.
IMPLEMENTATION & EXECUTION
The National Book Trust, India (under BP Division, Ministry of Education, GOI) as the Implementing Agency will ensure phase-wise execution of the Scheme under well-defined stages of mentorship.
SELECTION PROCEDURE OF YOUNG AUTHORS
- A total of 75 authors will be selected through an All India Contest at MyGov.
- The selection will be made by a Committee to be constituted by NBT.
- The contest will run from 4th June to 31st July 2021.
- The contestants will be asked to submit a manuscript of 5,000 words to judge its suitability to develop as a proper book under the Mentorship Scheme.
- The names of selected authors will be announced on the occasion of Independence Day on 15th August 2021.
- Based on mentorship, the selected authors will prepare manuscripts for final selection under the guidance of the nominated mentors.
- The entries of the winners will be readied for publication by 15th December 2021.
- The published books may be launched on 12th January 2022 on YUVA DIVAS or the National Youth Day.
PHASE I – TRAINING (3 MONTHS)
- The National Book Trust, India will organise a Two-Week Writers’ Online Programme for the selected candidates.
- During which the young authors will be trained by two eminent authors/mentors from NBT’s panel of accomplished authors and writers.
- After the completion of the two-week writers’ Online Programme, the authors will be trained for 2-Weeks at various On-line/On-site National Camps organised by NBT.
PHASE II – PROMOTION (3 MONTHS)
- The young authors will get to expand their understanding and hone their skills through interaction at various international events such as Literary Festivals, Book Fairs, Virtual Book Fair, Cultural Exchange Programmes, etc.
- At the end of the mentorship, a consolidated scholarship of ₹50,000 per month for a period of 6 months (50,000 x 6 = ₹3 Lakh) per author will be paid under the Mentorship Scheme.
- A book or a series of books written by the young authors will be published by NBT, India as the outcome of the mentorship program.
- A royalty of 10% will be payable to the authors on successful publications of their books at the end of the Mentorship Program.
- Their published books will be translated into other Indian languages ensuring the exchange of culture & literature between different states & thereby promoting Ek Bharat Shreshtha Bharat.
Interested candidates may go to the official application page by this link.
Click here for more details of the Prime Minister’s Scheme for Mentoring Young Authors.
Check below for more similar opportunities:
The Everyday Projects Grant 2021 for Photographers [Prize Rs 4.3 L+ Mentorship]: Submit by 7th June(Opens in a new browser tab)
N.B. – Here in JobSeeker24.com we attempt to get you the precise data. After all, all of us are human beings, subsequently, there could also be some errors. Providing any fallacious data won’t be our function. If you might have any doubt relating to any data, then please conduct your individual search and be confirmed. Thank you