Applications are invited from eligible candidates for the Commonwealth Split-site Scholarship 2021.
Table of Contents
Funded by the UK Foreign Commonwealth and Development Office (FCDO), Commonwealth Split-site Scholarships allow proficient and motivated people to gain the knowledge and expertise required for sustainable growth and are aimed toward those that couldn’t otherwise afford to study within the UK.
- Purpose: To widen entry to UK equipment and experience for high-quality doctoral candidates from low- and middle-income Commonwealth countries, and to contribute to UK and Commonwealth increased education and research through collaboration and partnerships.
- Intended beneficiaries: High-quality graduates whose proposed research has a developmental focus and who have the potential to develop into influential academics or researchers of their home countries.
To apply for these fellowships, potential Host organisations should:
- Be a citizen of or have been granted refugee standing by an eligible Commonwealth nation, or be a British Protected Person
- Be completely resident in an eligible Commonwealth nation
- Be registered for a PhD at a university in an eligible Commonwealth nation by the time your scholarship is confirmed (September 2021)
- Ensure that an institutional or departmental link exists between your home university and your proposed UK university. This link has to be better than simply a collaboration between people – see the section on ‘Tenure and placement’ for additional details. Both supervisors should present a supporting statement that provides additional details of the link to make sure your software is eligible.
- Be out there to start out your educational research within the UK by January 2022
- By December 2021, maintain the first degree of at least upper second class (2:1) honours customary, or a second-class degree and a related postgraduate qualification (normally a Master’s degree)
- Be unable to afford to study in the UK without this scholarship
Tenure and Placement
- Awards are tenable for a 12-month interval of research at any accepted UK university or increased schooling establishment with which the CSC has an element funding settlement (as talked about beforehand) for a particular programme of research.
- Your ultimate qualification will probably be awarded by your property nation college (not your proposed UK college). This scholarship is not going to assist your interval of research at your property nation college. Funding is not going to be prolonged to allow candidates to finish a qualification along with or increased than that for which the choice was made nor for research in the direction of a PhD at a UK establishment. Awards are made in respect of full-time research solely and a no different course of research could also be undertaken at a similar time.
- Your software has to be made within the context of an institutional or departmental link between your property college and your proposed UK college already in operation or presently below negotiation. This link has to be better than merely a collaboration between people. Each of your supervisors in your house nation and your proposed supervisor within the UK must present supporting statements that spotlight present institutional hyperlinks and collaboration. Applications without each statement will probably be thought-about ineligible.
- The 12-month interval of research within the UK supported by the scholarship might be divided right into most of the two intervals of research. If divided into two intervals, most of 12 months between intervals within the UK is permitted. Usually, you’ll be anticipated to spend an interval of at the very least 6 months in your house nation between visits to the UK. If lower than 6 months is required between visits, additional justification as to why this may be helpful will probably be required in your research plan.
- The CSC wouldn’t usually fund a Split-Site Scholarship throughout the first 6 months of PhD registration, to make sure that the route of the PhD has already been established alongside your property supervisor. If you select to use for a scholarship inside the first 6 months of your PhD registration, you have to justify why this may be helpful in your research plan. Otherwise, the 12-month interval of research within the UK might be taken at any stage throughout your PhD research, offering that is justified in your research plan.
- If you haven’t already begun your PhD at the time of your software, you’ll solely be eligible to spend most of six months within the UK in your first year of research.
- Split-site scholarships are meant to supply entry to particular experience or tools that might not in any other case be out there in your house nation. Applications clearly demonstrating the particular worth of finding out within the UK to your analysis will probably be seemed upon favourably, in addition to how your work will assist ongoing analysis hyperlinks. Applications that embody a big proportion of exercise akin to literature opinions or desk analysis are unlikely to be supported.
- The CSC will make the ultimate resolution on the establishment of research and reserves the best to overrule any preferences indicated by the candidate. The CSC will take into account the suitability of the course and its worth for cash when deciding on any overrule. The CSC is not going to change the college of a provisionally chosen candidate after the purpose of choice until distinctive info turns out there that might not have been foreseen at the time of software.
Value of the Scholarship
Each fellowship gives:
- Approved airfare from your home country to the UK and return at the end of your award (the CSC is not going to reimburse the price of fares for dependants, nor the price of journeys made earlier than your award is confirmed)
- Approved tuition charges
- Stipend (residing allowance) at the rate of £1,116 monthly, or £1,369 monthly for these at universities within the London metropolitan area (charges quoted at 2020-2021 ranges)
- Warm clothes allowance, where relevant
- Study journey grant in the direction of the price of study-related journey inside the UK or abroad
- If you’re widowed, divorced, or a single parent, child allowance of £478 monthly for the first child, and £118 monthly for the second and third youngster below the age of 16, if you’re accompanied by your kids and they’re living with you on the similar address within the UK
Applications will probably be thought-about in accordance with the next choice standards:
- Academic advantage of the candidate
- Quality of the analysis proposal
- Potential influence on the event of the candidate’s house nation
Interested candidates can apply for the scholarship by means of this link.
Aug 13, 2021
Click here to view the official notification for the Commonwealth Split-site Scholarship 2021.
Read More Similar Posts Below:
- The Tata Capital Pankh Scholarship Programme 2022
- Legrand Empowering Scholarship Program 2022-23
- Sensodyne IDA Shining Star Scholarship Program 2022 | INR 4.2 Lakhs for 4 Years
- Keep India Smiling Foundational Scholarship & Mentorship Programme 2022-23
- Kotak Kanya Scholarship 2022 | Scholarship Amount: INR 1.5 Lakhs