World Future Council is inviting viewers for its Forward Thinkers Webinar on Preventing Pandemics on 20 May 2021.
About the Webinar
The International Day for Biological Diversity (or World Biodiversity Day) is a United Nations worldwide day for the promotion of biodiversity points. The World Future Council and the Convention on Biodiversity (CBD) have awarded the world’s greatest biodiversity insurance policies with the Future Policy Award. Costa Rica’s Biodiversity Policy acquired the Gold Award.
This webinar may even current why Costa Rica is so profitable in biodiversity conservation and what the nation is proposing as Global Deal for Nature to be adopted at COP 15 in Kunming, China later within the year. The CBD may even define why governments have to undertake bold plans to implement broad-based motion to convey a couple of transformations in society’s relationship with biodiversity.
The webinar may even current the analysis outcomes of our handbook for policymakers on stopping pandemics with future simply biodiversity insurance policies. Because science is obvious: In order to forestall future pandemics, we have to shield ecosystems and biodiversity. Covid-19, Ebola, Aids, SARS und MERS have been all attributable to viruses leaping from animals to people. The destruction of nature makes future pandemics more probable. More than ever, we’d like exemplary insurance policies to guard biodiversity.
The webinar is a part of the UN Decade on Ecosystem Restoration, which goals to speed up motion for the safety and restoration of ecosystems all around the globe, for the good thing about individuals and nature.
- Julia Marton-Lefevre, Member of the Bureau of IPBES and Councillor, World Future Council, former Director-General, International Union for the Conversation of Nature (IUCN) (confirmed)
- Andrea Meza, Minister of Environment and Energy of Costa Rica, Future Policy Gold Award Winner (invited)
- Prof. Dr. Jorge Cabrera, writer of Biodiversity Handbook on exemplary biodiversity insurance policies, Center for International Sustainable Development Law and World Future Council (confirmed)
- Patricia Mumbua Kombo, Founder of PaTree Initiative, Youth: Present consultant, and UNCCD Land Hero (confirmed)
- Moderator: Alexandra Wandel, Chair, Management Board, World Future Council (confirmed)
- Date: May 20, 2021
- Time: 7.30 PM IST
- Duration: 1.5 hours
- Admission: Free
How to Apply?
To apply for this webinar, click here. (Link Expired)
For additional data, click on on the link under:
Forward Thinkers Webinar on Preventing Pandemics by World Future Council [May 20]
Check below for more similar opportunities:
Technical Support Representative at HP, Bengaluru: Apply Now(Opens in a new browser tab)
N.B. – Here in JobSeeker24.com we attempt to get you the precise data. After all, all of us are human beings, subsequently, there could also be some errors. Providing any fallacious data won’t be our function. If you might have any doubt relating to any data, then please conduct your individual search and be confirmed. Thank you.