Department of Science & Technology (DST) Govt of India invites applications for ASEAN-India Research Training Fellowship (AI-RTF) 2021. The final date of application submission is 30 Sept 2021.
About the Fellowship
India has been the dialogue associate for ASEAN (Association of Southeast Asian Nations) since 1992. In 2012, on the event of the twentieth anniversary as dialogue associate, India-ASEAN celebrated commemorative Summit and declared enhancement of its relations to a strategic degree.
The principal aims of ASEAN-India Science, Technology, and Innovation cooperation are based mostly on the following rules –
- Encourage and promote cooperation in science, technology, and innovation, together with by means of joint analysis exercise, and growth on cross-sectoral areas comparable to well being, communicable and rising infectious illnesses, environmental administration,
- Encourage and promote cooperation in biotechnology together with by means of capability constructing and joint analysis and growth for mutual profit;
- Undertake actions and develop program/tasks below the ASEAN-India Science and Technology Development Fund;
- In order to help and facilitate mobility amongst younger proficient researchers of ASEAN Member States, India and ASEAN instituted the scheme ASEAN-India Research Training Fellowship (AIRTF) Scheme for ASEAN younger researchers to work at any of the Indian analysis/ tutorial Institution
The AIRTF scheme is a fellowship scheme with the next aims:
- To promote mobility of scientists and researchers from the ASEAN-Member Countries to India and supply them alternative to work at Indian R&D/ tutorial establishments to improve their analytical abilities and experience.
- To facilitate the trade of data and contacts between the scientists and researchers of India and ASEAN Countries and create a community for constructing analysis collaborations.
As a spin-off, the Fellowship awardees may have an alternative to get co-supervisors from India for or her analysis tasks for Ph.D. or Masters diploma on their return to their residence nations.
Space/ subject of analysis for availing AIRTF has to be ASEAN-centric and have to be aligned with the ASEAN Plan of Action on Science, Technology, and Innovation (APASTI)-2016-2025. Fellowship will probably be supplied for working in analysis subjects below any of the next broad disciplines:
- Agricultural Sciences
- Biological and Medical Sciences
- Chemical Sciences & Engineering
- Computer Science & Engineering
- Physical Sciences and Mathematics
- Ocean, Earth & Atmospheric Sciences
- Engineering Sciences
- Materials, Minerals, and Metallurgy
- Science Policy / IPR Management / Technology Transfer & Commercialisation
- Other multi-disciplinary areas of Science, Technology, and Innovation in alignment with APASTI.
- Applicants have to be holding the nationality of any of the ASEAN Member State.
- Possess at least a Masters’s Degree in any Natural Sciences or an equal diploma in Technology / Engineering / Medicine / allied disciplines.
- Applicant ought to be working / learning and/or affiliated to any nationwide R&D or tutorial establishment in his/ her residence ASEAN Member State. The software ought to be endorsed by the Head of his/ her establishment confirming that if chosen, he/ she will probably be sanctioned to go away for the Fellowship interval and can be part of his/ her duties again within the establishment on completion of the Fellowship in India.
- The higher age restriction for the applicant is 45 years as of the date of submission of software.
- Fluency in the English language
- Indian nationals usually are not eligible for the Fellowship.
- Applicants who’ve availed any fellowship scheme of Govt of India throughout the final 5 years usually are not ELIGIBLE to use.
- The proposed analysis work in India has to be linked/related and add worth to any of the ongoing analysis ventures/schemes of the Indian host Institute.
For online submission of the applying the next factors could also be famous:
- Applicants ought to first register in ASEAN online portal click here to register
- After log-in, candidates are required to fill all of the necessary fields in the Profile Detail part below User Profile, which incorporates Bio knowledge, picture, Institute Address, and so on.
- Some of the details of a proposal like Project Title, a Project abstract, Keywords, Objectives of the venture, Expected output and consequence of the proposal, and so on need to be entered at the time of proposal submission.
- Other related data of the proposal needs to be uploaded as a single PDF file, not more than 10 MB.
The deadline for submitting the application for the present cycle is 30th September 2021 until 5:00 PM (IST).
Full monetary help will probably be supplied to the chosen Fellows which embody the next:-
- Round journey worldwide airfare by tour/ economic system class by the shortest route from the worldwide airport within the residence nation of the applicant to the worldwide airport nearest to the host establishment in India; visa charges, abroad medical insurance coverage, and so on.
- A consolidated Fellowship quantity of Indian Rupees (INR) 50,000 per 30 days (non-taxable) for lodging, meals, and different miscellaneous.
- A one-time grant of INR 40,000/- for six months interval for analysis contingency bills, airport transfers, home journey (by street) for attending scientific /occasions and field trips inside India, and Institutional overhead costs @ Rs. 2,500/- per 30 days.
- The allowance as in (a), (b), and (c) will probably be launched to the host establishment in India for disbursement to the Fellow. The host Institution will organize acceptable lodging for the Fellow on cost foundation.
Ms. Ritika Kishore
For official notification, click on below.
ASEAN-India Research Training Fellowship (AI-RTF) 2021.
Check below for more similar opportunities:
Google Ph.D. Fellowship Program 2021 With Internship Opportunity: Apply by 22nd Apr(Opens in a new browser tab)
Research Associate (Electrical Engg) Under DST Funded Project at IIT Gandhinagar: Apply by 15th May(Opens in a new browser tab)
N.B. – Here in JobSeeker24.com we attempt to get you the precise data. After all, all of us are human beings, subsequently, there could also be some errors. Providing any fallacious data won’t be our function. If you might have any doubt relating to any data, then please conduct your individual search and be confirmed. Thank you.