Applications are invited for India Plastic Challenge 2021 for Students and Young Innovators. The final date of submission is 1 August 2021.
About the Challenge
India Plastic Challenge-Hackathon 2021 is a part of the attention program launched by Ministry of Environment, Forests and Climate Change (MOEFCC), Govt. of India, to get rid of Single Use Plastics (SUPs). This problem will provide a platform for college students, startups, and younger innovators with clearly outlined ideas for digital options for plastic waste and the elimination of SUPs.
This challenge will bridge gaps between businesses and innovators for the efficient implementation of the solutions. With one-on-one mentoring sessions with trade specialists, individuals can construct better business instances. Selected participants will showcase their solutions in the final pitch session where their ideas will get more visibility and opportunity to pilot their solutions.
This challenge is being organized by the Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change, Government of India to search out modern solutions to successfully track and monitor plastic waste, provide reasonably priced alternatives and reduce dependency on SUPs
Track 1 – Digital Solutions for Plastic Waste: To successfully track and monitor plastic waste
Track 2 – Elimination of Single-Use Plastics: To present affordable options and reduce dependence on plastics
Who can apply?
Open for college students and startups with a clearly defined solution.
- Students presently pursue Bachelors, Masters, and Doctorate courses from Higher Education Institutions (HEIs) of India.
- For startup: The startup have to be registered under the Startup India Scheme by the Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade (DPIIT)*
- Application phase – Submit an entry kind with a clearly outlined solution in response to the eligibility standards
- Shortlisting – After evaluation of the applications received, the most promising entries with innovative solutions will be shortlisted
- Program coaching and mentoring – The shortlisted candidates might be supported through enterprise coaching webinars and one-on-one mentoring with industry specialists
- Pitch session – Shortlisted individuals might be requested to submit a presentation or pitch. The jury will choose winners from each track post the pitching session
- Announcement of winners – For every of the 2 tracks, 3 winners will be chosen to be awarded cash prizes
- Student Category: Top 3 winners get INR 1 lakh each
- Startup Category: Top 3 winners get INR 5 lakh each
More Similar Posts you may be interested to read:
- IFAO-PCMA Post-Doctoral Fellowship 2022-23 Stipend Up to 27 Lakhs | Application Deadline 27th November
- Participate in Adobe Analytics Challenge 2021 ( Prize worth 44L) | Apply by 21st September
- Proposal for Development of Electric Vehicles by Govt. of India | Last date 5th September
- Graduate & Technician Apprenticeship 2021-22 by ISRO, Ahmedabad | Apply by 31st Aug
- JRF in Computer Science Under MeitY Funded Project at NIT Silchar | Apply by 30th Sept.