The Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology (MEXT) of Japan provides scholarships to worldwide college students who want to research at Japanese universities as Undergraduate Students below the Japanese Government (MEXT) Scholarship Program.
Table of Contents
Number of Scholarships
Up to fifteen (Those appx. 15 candidates who efficiently move the primary screening will proceed to the worldwide ultimate screening by MEXT.)
Fields of Study
(1) Social Sciences and Humanities
- Social Sciences and Humanities – A
- Japanese Language
- Others (excluding “1. Economics” and “2. Business Administration” in Humanities B.)
- Social Sciences and Humanities – B
- Business Administration
(2) Natural Sciences
- Natural Science – A
- Science (1. Mathematics 2. Physics 3. Chemistry)
- Electric and Electronic Studies (4. Electronics 5. Electrical Engineering 6. Information Engineering)
- Mechanical Studies (7. Mechanical Engineering 8. Naval Architecture)
- Civil Engineering and Architecture (9. Civil Engineering 10. Architecture 11. Environmental Engineering)
- Chemical Studies (12. Applied Chemistry 13. Chemical Engineering 14. Industrial Chemistry 15. Textile Engineering)
- Other Fields (16. Metallurgical Engineering 17. Mining Engineering 18. Maritime Engineering 19. Biotechnology)
- Natural Science – B
- Agricultural Studies (1. Agriculture 2. Agricultural Chemistry 3. Agricultural Engineering 4. Animal Science 5. Veterinary Medicine 6. Forestry 7. Food Science 8. Fisheries)
- Hygienic Studies (9. Pharmacy 10. Hygienics 11. Nursing)
- Science (12. Biology)
- Natural Sciences – C
- Undergraduate stage resulting in Bachelors Degree
- A minimal of 65% marks at twelfth grade is required.
Term of Scholarship
A grantee who research at a preparatory instructional establishment previous to enrolling in a college:
- From April 2022 to March 2027 (Including one-year preparatory intensive programs of the Japanese language and different topics, that are needed for the preparation to proceed to the college.)
- For a scholarship grantee majoring in a six-year course in pharmacy, the scholarship interval will probably be seven years, till March 2028.
A grantee who enrolls instantly in a college, with out the preparatory intensive programs (direct placement):
- Four years (or six years for the one majoring in a six-year course in pharmacy). The scholarship interval will begin from the time of enrolment within the college, which the college designates.
Applicants, in precept, should be born on or after 2 April, 1997
117,000 yen (Approx. Rs.82,978) per thirty days
Round-trip airfare will probably be offered.
Application Documents and Forms
Application documents are described within the pointers.
Where to ship the finished types and Where to contact
(1)For college students residing in West Bengal, Bihar, Jharkhand and Odisha
Consulate General of Japan in Kolkata
(2)For college students residing in Tamil Nadu, Pondicherry, Kerala, Andhra Pradesh and Telangana
Consulate General of Japan in Chennai
No 12/1 Cenetoph Road, 1st Street, Teynampet, Chennai 600018
(3)For college students residing in Chhattisgarh, Dadra & Nagar Haveli, Daman & Diu, Goa, Gujarat, Madhya Pradesh, Maharashtra
Consulate of General of Japan in Mumbai
No.1, M.L.Dahanukar Marg, Cumballa Hill, Mumbai, 400026
(4)For college students residing in Karnataka
Consulate of General of Japan in Bengaluru
1st Floor, Prestige Nebula, No.8-14, Cubbon Road, Bengaluru 560001
(5)For college students residing within the remaining states and union territories
Embassy of Japan,
50-G, Shantipath, Chanakyapuri, New Delhi 110021
Note that applications should be despatched by post or courier. They do NOT settle for applications despatched by Email.
- Application Deadline (must): 28 May 2021
- Application Screening: in June 2021
- Notification of Shortlisted Candidates for Written Test/Interview (on this web page): in June 2021
- Written Examination: 17 July 2021
- Interview: To be introduced
- Notification of the Results of the First Screening: Early August 2021
Email: [email protected] (Ms. Anshula)
For more details, click on the link beneath.
N.B. – Here in JobSeeker24.com we attempt to get you the precise data. After all, all of us are human beings, subsequently, there could also be some errors. Providing any fallacious data won’t be our function. If you might have any doubt relating to any data, then please conduct your individual search and be confirmed. Thank you