National Institute of Fashion Technology (NIFT), Hyderabad invites young writers and future leaders to contribute their ideas about ‘Handloom- An Indian Legacy’ via a medium of words.
Table of Contents
About the Competition
India a country with vibrant traditions showcases a wealthy legacy of weaves. Handloom is a nationwide pride has been a vocal sentiment. The swadeshi movement launched on seventh August 1905 has influenced and steered the nation in direction of self-empowerment, solidarity, and soulful traditions. Christened as National Handloom Day in 2015, 7th August thus garners a unique recognition for handlooms.
With a deep sense of responsibility National Institute of Fashion Technology fosters cultural consciousness in its endeavor to help indigenous conventional knowledge and abilities. With this dedication, on this Handloom day NIFT, Hyderabad goals to encourage the younger minds about Indian handloom tradition. An Essay contest is being organized in an effort to harness the vitality, creativity, and initiative of younger Indians in direction of the promotion of handloom culture.
List of Topics
Theme: Handloom – An Indian Legacy
Sub-themes: Essays’ could fall below any one among these sub-themes
This sub-theme can deal with handloom heritage, glory, uniqueness, prominence, crafting, and so on
- Handloom is a way of life
This sub-theme can discover the varied moods of the handloom and its focus audience. Movies, politics, lifestyle, and many others are provided as key suggestions for articulation
This sub-theme offers scope for articulating self-experiences, deliberations, and actualities in an effort to convey related stories of the handloom weaver, communities, products, and so on.
With a spotlight in direction of the modern utilization, this sub-theme can introduce the relevance of handloom and its attraction in quite a lot of age, gender, market or environments
- Heirlooms- Discovery and Recovery
The tales of family treasure shouldn’t be new in the Indian context. Under this sub-theme, personal accounts of such ancestral handloom history might be explored. Upcycling, recycling, repurposing, and so on. are provided as some key words for articulation.
- Competition is open for students of class XI & XII students
- Essays have to be in English with a word limit of 600- 700 words (excluding title and author details)
- Essays have to be submitted along with your full name and academic details (class, school & place) and the sub-theme of the subject talked about below the essay title on the top of the first page.
- The essay must be formatted as per the template. (Font: Arial, Size: 11, Spacing: 1.5 lines, Left aligned).
- Essays have to be typed in MS Word (DOC/DOCX) and transformed to PDF format. (Your title and essay title are not included within the word limit count) and submitted in PDF format.
- Entries have to be submitted online on the website link provided only through easychair.org To send your essay online, you should go to the net competitor’s registration page, and observe the required steps. Entries submitted by post or e-mail won’t be accepted.
- Only one entry per particular person will be accepted.
- Essays have to be authentic and unpublished. Plagiarized entries will be rejected.
- All submissions shall be screened for plagiarism.
- Essays have to be written by one person solely. Co-authored essays usually are not accepted.
- Copyright of the essays entered will likely be assigned to the organizer.
- All essays will likely be evaluated on the parameters of artistic writing, the aptness of content material, coherent strategy, and originality of thought.
- Essays could also be supported with related visuals (point out of credit) and references.
- All essays must be effectively formatted and error-free. NIFT intends to bring out a publication as the e-book of essays
Submission Process for the Competition:
Interested participants can submit for the competition via this link.
July 31, 2021
Click here to view the official notification for the Online Essay Competition 2021 by the National Institute of Fashion Technology (NIFT), Hyderabad
Read More Related Posts Below: