Applications are invited from eligible candidates for the Ph.D. position with Dr. Chalapathi, Assistant Professor, BITS-Pilani Campus, Rajasthan.
Table of Contents
About BITS Pilani
BITS Pilani is a premier technological university in India that was arranged in 1964 as Deemed -to-be-University. It is now acknowledged as an Institute of Eminence (IoE) by the Government of India granting it larger autonomy and recognition.
Dr. Chalapathi is an Assistant Professor, BITS-Pilani, India. He obtained his Ph.D. from BITS Pilani in the Internet of Things He carried out his postdoctoral research from The University of Melbourne under the supervision of Prof. Rajkumar Buyya, Distinguished Professor, The University of Melbourne, Australia.
About the Position
Dr. Chalapathi is currently searching for a full-time Ph.D. scholar to work on the following domains:
- Unmanned Aerial Vehicles or Drones- Security, different communication protocols
- 5G- network slicing and different areas
- Internet of Things
- Edge Computing and Machine Learning
- Other vibrant topics in Embedded Systems
The candidate must also appear for an interview in the Department of EEE, BITS Pilani, Pilani Campus and apply for the Ph.D. Admissions of the institute. However, the candidate should first apply to Dr. Chalapathi for the Ph.D. position with him.
While working with him, the candidate will get an opportunity to work with reputed researchers across the world like
1) Prof. Rajkumar Buyya, Distinguished Professor, University of Melbourne, Australia (http://www.buyya.com/cv.html#papersj)
2) Prof. Biplab Sikdar, National University of Singapore (https://www.ece.nus.edu.sg/stfpage/bsikdar/)
3) Dr. Md Redowan Mahmud, RMIT University, Melbourne (https://www.rmit.edu.au/contact/staff-contacts/academic-staff/m/mahmud-dr-md-redowan)
The minimal criteria for the candidates shall be.:
- M.E. in Embedded Systems/ Computer Science from an institute of reputation with a CGPA of no less than 7.5 or 75% (in percentage system)
- Previous project expertise in Machine Learning, Deep learning, and Image processing is a must
- A good publication report shall be desirable
- A zeal to publish in top-tier journals
If you have an interest in pursuing a Ph.D. under his supervision and have funding from agencies like UGC/CSIR JRF/SRF, please click here and follow the process given within the section “Application Procedure”.
Even if you shouldn’t have your own funding and wish to take admission within the Ph.D. program of BITS for II-Semester 2020-21, you’ll be able to still click here to apply and observe the process given within the section “Application Procedure”.
Rs. 31,000 monthly + performance associated stipend top-ups are available
The stipend is obtainable for five years (most). However, the candidate will probably be encouraged to finish his Ph.D. quickly.
NOTE: Students with M.Tech. in Power Electronics/ Electrical Engineering/ Power Systems and associated branches in Electrical Engineering NEED NOT APPLY TO THIS POST.
- The candidate can apply using the Google form available here.
- The final date to apply for this position to Dr. Chalapathi via the above google form is 7th July 2021.
- Shortlisted candidates will be interviewed through Skype or a comparable online platform. Notification of the same will be despatched to the shortlisted candidate via email.
- The candidate selected via the online interview can then apply to BITS Pilani for Ph.D. application for I Semester 2021-22.
July 7, 2021
Email: [email protected]
Click here to view the official notification for the Ph.D. Position at BITS Pilani.
N.B. – Here in JobSeeker24.com we attempt to get you the precise data. After all, all of us are human beings, subsequently, there could also be some errors. Providing any fallacious data won’t be our function. If you might have any doubt relating to any data, then please conduct your individual search and be confirmed. Thank you