Inter-University Centre for Astronomy and Astrophysics (IUCAA) is inviting applications for ONE Research Associate at level III (RA-III) position to work on the “Optical clock based accurate time stamping in quantum communication” project at its Precision & Quantum Measurement lab.
This project is funded by the Department of Science and Technology (DST), Govt. of India for 3 years under their flagship Quantum Enabled Science and Technology (QuEST) program.
Table of Contents
- The PQM-lab is growing an optical atomic clock using ytterbium-ion, which can be confined in an electrodynamic trap and cooled to almost zero Kelvin temperature using ion trapping and laser cooling methods.
- Such an atomic clock could have unprecedented accuracy, which is an indispensable requisite for a lot of quantum-phenomena-based based technologies.
- India is eager on growing such atomic clocks to help its quantum mission, which has numerous applications starting from the strategic sector, advanced communication & navigation, meteorology, finance, e-governance, and lots more.
- Apart from supporting various emerging quantum technologies, at IUCAA we have the interest to conduct subtle experiments to research but unanswered questions on basis of science. Some of those experiments shall goal to measure the fidelity of the fundamental constants; violation of the fundamental symmetries and Geodic measurements.
- The experimental facility on the PQM-lab shall comprise of a trapped ytterbium-ion (Yb+ ) optical clock for the absolute optical referencing, ultra-stable Fabry-Perot (FP) cavity that acts as a gradual optical oscillator and used to generate slender line-width ultra-stable laser to probe the clock transition, stabilized optical frequency-comb to synthesize frequency of the clock transition frequency and section stabilized link-fiber for dissemination of the reference photons without shedding their traits.
- Collaborative help on completely different elements of the experimental and instrumentational works, similar to, lasers & optics, electronics, mechanical, designing, simulation can be required to develop this state-of-the-art experiment.
- The chosen candidate will get an alternative to work on interdisciplinary areas which are required for the establishment of the experiment. Some of those are, simulation; designing, fabrication, testing of indigenous devices within the field of lasers & optics, growing low-noise analog & digital electronics, growing FPGA-based methods, ultra-high vacuum, mechanical & software program growth, and so forth.
- Apart from the instrumentation, they should work on physics issues which is critical to fulfilling the experimental targets.
- A full-fledged experiment entails some work packages; growing these requires experience in interdisciplinary fields. Within a lab, this may be achieved by working in a collaborative method
Qualification and Experience
- Ph. D. in Physics / Electronics / Instrumentation / Optical engineering/ nano Fabrication / different related areas. Candidates who’ve submitted/ defended their Ph.D. thesis and are ready for the final degree can even apply.
- Or, ME/ M. Tech in Physics / Electronics / Instrumentation / Optical engineering/ different associated areas with minimal three years’ expertise and having at least one original research paper in SCI journals.
- Desirable expertise in C, C++, Python, Matlab/ Mathematica / VHDL/ LabVIEW/ Solidworks / COMSOL/ ANSYS/ digital & analog electronics/ optics/ fabrication can be useful.
- The chosen candidates will obtain a monthly fellowship of Rs. 54,000 + HRA (HRA can be offered only if he/she doesn’t avail of IUCAA’s lodging).
- The lastly provided candidate can begin to work instantly after the selection or later relying on the pandemic situation / mutually agreeable date. The whole tenure of the position is for 3 years or until the end of the project, whichever comes first, and is renewable yearly primarily based on performance.
Applications in a “single PDF” should include:
- a detailed curriculum vitae mentioning theoretical, experimental, instrumentation, and different working expertise,
- listing of publications
- an announcement of purpose
At least two letters of recommendation are needed, which the reviewers can send directly to [email protected] Mention in the subject line ‘RA application at the PQM-lab’ and send the PDF file to [email protected]. Incomplete applications can be rejected.
July 23, 2021
Click here to view the official notification for the post of Research Associate – III at Inter-University Centre for Astronomy and Astrophysics (IUCAA), Pune.
Read More: Research Associate (Electrical Engg) Under DST Funded Project at IIT Gandhinagar: Apply by 15th May(Opens in a new browser tab)
N.B. – Here in JobSeeker24.com we attempt to get you the precise data. After all, all of us are human beings, subsequently, there could also be some errors. Providing any fallacious data won’t be our function. If you might have any doubt relating to any data, please conduct your individual search and confirm. Thank you