Applications are invited for Research Associates (Statistics/ Mathematics) at ISI Kolkata for the year 2021. The final date of application is 18th July.
Applications are invited from Indian Nationals (brilliant candidates) to recruit two (02) Research Associates purely on a short-term basis within the Statistical Quality Control & Operations Research Division of the Indian Statistical Institute.
Table of Contents
- Ph.D. degree in Statistics/ Mathematies/ Reliability/ Operations Rescarch/ Operations Management/ Industrial Engineering/ Quality. Reliability & Operations Research.
- Age: Upper age restrict shall be 35 years as of 01 June 2021 with regular relaxation for SC/ST/OBC differently-abled candidates. Age relaxation might also be given to excellent candidates or candidates with related expertise
The tenure of appointment will be most of eight months from the date of his/her joining within the institute however won’t exceed 31 March 2022.
- Inference under stochastic ordering constraints based mostly on censored data- There are many varieties of orders of varying degrees of strength for evaluating lifetime distributions. These embody stochastic ordering. probability ratio ordering- uniform stochastic ordering or hazard rate ordering and so on. The plan is to think about inference for lifetime distributions beneath such ordering constraints based mostly on several types of censored data.
- Development of recent and modern application of data science tools and methods in high quality and reliability engineering. exploring interface “ith machine studying and statistical instruments like the design of experiments. multi-response optimization. enhancing methodologies for the supply chain- optimimtioncapacity utilization and so forth.
- Hybridization of the supply chain. reverse logistics (green energy/waste management)- queuing models. closed-loop community and parametric optimization. The total concept is to design acceptable queuing models (admission control. F-policy, N-policy, retrial, circular. restricted & fuzzy queues) based mostly on the restrictions imposed in the supply chain in keeping with the assorted varieties of business surroundings (manufacturing- trading- service) and optimizing the system contemplating numerous parameters (crisp/ fuzzy) of the supply chain aiming in the direction of reduction of energy consumption and waste management.
- Stochastic optimization models linked to a project on evaluation of airspace utilization.
Eligible and candidates should apply for the position with a cover letter addressed to the Head, Statistical Quality Control and Operations ResearchDivision of the Indian Statistical Institute, which is required to include
- Name (In Block Letters).
- Permanent/ Present Address,
- E-mail Address.
- Telephone/Mobile No.
- Parent’s/Spouse’s Name.
- Date of birth.
- Academic Qualifications with the percentage of marks obtained in every examination starting from 10 class).
- Experience (if any).
- AadharCard No.
- SCST/OBC/Differently abled status,
Self-attested soft copies of all documents/ testimonials latest by 18 July 2021 by way of email to:sacor[at]isical.ac.in and should include a research statement, a teaching statement two recommendations, together with one from the supervisor.
A consolidated honorarium range between 47000/- (Rupees forty-seven thousand only) to Rs. 54000/ (Rupees fifty-four thousand only) monthly relying upon postdoctoral expertise.
Click here to view the official notification of Research Associates (Statistics/ Mathematics) at ISI Kolkata.
N.B. – Here in JobSeeker24.com we attempt to get you the precise data. After all, all of us are human beings, subsequently, there could also be some errors. Providing any fallacious data won’t be our function. If you might have any doubt relating to any data, then please conduct your individual search and be confirmed. Thank you