Applications are invited for Utility of the Future Challenge 2021 by the World Bank Group. The final date of application submission is 6 August.
Table of Contents
About the Challenge
The Utility of the Future challenge invites you to think about the future where water utilities are providing reliable, protected, inclusive, clear, and responsive WSS services through best-fit practices that permit them to operate in an environment-friendly, resilient, innovative, and sustainable method.
But the problem doesn’t stop at envisioning the future; you could additionally come up with a technique to satisfy your vision. Putting in your thinking cap and assisting a utility in hassle turn out to be a Utility of the Future.
This is the roadmap you could follow – don’t worry, you’ll have plenty of space to be wildly artistic!
The future today
- Step 1: The Utility of the Present – understand your client
- Step 2: Tell them about what’s cool and trendy and the way it may help UOTP-WSS
Imagine the UoF
- Step 3: Imagine the future
- Step 4: Back to the present
- Open to candidates from all over the world;
- Max 30-years old;
- Groups of two to 3 people. Make sure your group is diverse and inclusive.
Interested candidates can go to the online application page through this page.
- Bragging rights on the upcoming World Water Week hosted by the Stockholm International Water Institute (SIWI) being held from August 23-27;
- The opportunity to participate and present your thought at the 2022 World Bank Water Week; assembly World Bank’s senior water specialists to grow your network and talk about the newest trends in water and sanitation;
- Last however not least – being shortlisted for a winter internship with the WB Utility of the Future team so you possibly can assist actual utility journey to 2050.
A multidisciplinary team from the World Bank will evaluate and rate the proposals based on the next standards:
Part A: The future today
- Step 1: Selection of the three challenges/areas for improvement based on the evaluation given (10%)
- Step 2: Identification of innovative practices to handle the challenges recognized for the utility based on rising and disrupting trends/technologies (40%)
Part B: Imagine the UoF
- Step 3: Narrative about what the water and sanitation utility would appear like in 2050 (20%)
- Step 4: Action plan to materialize the technique 2021 to 2050 (30%)
Read More Below:
- CBSE Reading Challenge 3.0 for Class 6-10 Students [Nov 22-Dec 31] | Register Now
- AmExpert 2021 CODELAB: Machine Learning Hackathon [Exciting Prizes]: Register by 19th December
- Reliance TUP 7.0 Challenge 2021 Cash Prize Rs. 10L: Apply by 14th November
- Participate in Adobe Analytics Challenge 2021 ( Prize worth 44L) | Apply by 21st September
- Amrit Mahotsav Shri Shakti Challenge 2021 by MyGov [Grants Upto Rs. 10 L] | Apply by 17th September