Applications are invited for the 1000 Girls, 1000 Futures Program 2021-22 for Young Women in STEM by the New York Academy of Sciences (NYAS).
Table of Contents
The New York Academy of Sciences (initially the Lyceum of Natural History) was based in January 1817. It is among the oldest scientific societies within the United States. An unbiased, nonprofit group with more than 20,000 members in 100 nations, the academy’s mission is “to advance scientific research and knowledge; to support scientific literacy, and to promote the resolution of society’s global challenges through science-based solutions”.
About the Program
1000 Girls, 1000 Futures is a groundbreaking initiative designed to interact with younger ladies eager about science, technology, engineering, and math (STEM), and advance their pursuit of STEM careers using mentoring and Twenty-first-century expertise improvement.
How does it work?
The New York Academy of Sciences invites younger ladies ages 13-17 worldwide to affix 1000 Girls 1000 Futures to obtain mentorship from feminine STEM specialists, achieve entry to school readiness and management coursework, and community with different ladies enthusiastic about STEM!
1000 Girls 1000 Futures empowers younger ladies to be taught independently and work collaboratively on Launchpad, the Academy’s distinctive online studying platform. On Launchpad, college students full the coursework at their very own tempo and apply their expertise to work on totally different initiatives with their friends. Mentors can be found to inform college students all through this system, from navigating the faculty software course to setting professional targets.
1000 Girls 1000 Futures individuals are enthusiastic learners with an ardor for science, technology, engineering, and math (STEM).
- Age: 13–17 years old.
- Location: Anywhere on the earth.
- Language: All program content material and communication on the platform is in English, and a powerful degree of English proficiency is required. Students’ English proficiency shall be assessed through the software course.
- Time Commitment: Students will full the coursework at their very own tempo and set their schedule to fulfill with the mentors throughout this system year from September to June.
- Cost: None. 1000 Girls 1000 Futures is totally free for taking part college students.
Qualified mentors for 1000 Girls 1000 Futures are:
- Self-identified ladies who’re both pursuing a Ph.D. in a STEM-related subject OR presently working in a STEM-related subject
- Able to enter a minimum of one communication system with web capabilities
- Able to speak clearly in spoken and written English
- Able to decide to 3-5 hours of program coaching and participation in this system month-to-month from September to June
- Passionate about partaking and galvanizing the subsequent era of younger ladies worldwide
How to Apply?
Interested candidates can apply for this system using this link.
- Application Opens: April 12th, 2021
- Application Deadline: July 31st, 2021
- Decision Notification shall be despatched by mid-September 2021
Email: [email protected]
For more details, click on the link beneath.
Check below for more similar opportunities:
N.B. – Here in JobSeeker24.com we attempt to get you the precise data. After all, all of us are human beings, subsequently, there could also be some errors. Providing any fallacious data won’t be our function. If you might have any doubt relating to any data, then please conduct your individual search and be confirmed. Thank you