Are you an innovator focused on solving challenges within the agri-food sector by using or conserving agrobiodiversity? If sure, submit your application!
About the Challenge
The Agrobiodiversity Innovation Challenge goals to recognize new products, services, and finest practices that may assist farmers, customers, and food companies to extend manufacturing effectiveness, competitiveness, and resilience whereas conserving agrobiodiversity.
In an open innovation method, we goal to:
- Connect completely different actors who’re motivated to enhance international and community-based food systems.
- Attract and assist innovators to scale up their options using a long-term analysis and growth collaboration with CGIAR and its partners.
- Identify innovators who might assist advanced analysis by sharing concepts and options.
The problem will highlight main innovations which can be helping to use, preserve, and devour agrobiodiversity in methods that can be higher for individuals and the atmosphere. The competition is open to individual founders, private firms, and establishments. Learn more.
The Agrobiodiversity Innovation Challenge is being organized by The Alliance of Bioversity International and CIAT, with the assist of the Italian Government, and in partnership with the International Fund for Agricultural Development (IFAD), The Lexicon, International Institute for Tropical Agriculture Business Incubation Platform, CIHEAM Bari, and the Italian Institute of Technology.
Applicants have to be: individuals, private firms, or institutions accountable for innovation with a demonstrated effectivity using novel tools, products, or providers to boost and promote sustainable meals and agriculture.
- International Organizations (IOs)
- National Agriculture Research System (NARS)
- Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs)
- Private Companies
- Individuals (e.g. farmers, processors, engineers, and many others.)
All innovations should apply to agrobiodiversity conservation and consumption practices and will goal to include climate change adaptation measures.
Incomplete application varieties, which don’t adjust to the terms and conditions specified within the call, or are submitted after the deadline, will not be considered.
No candidates under the age of 18 shall be considered for the Award until represented by a mother or father or authorized guardian. Participation is free of cost.
Preference shall be given to applications by groups that have developed options to deal with the wants of the agricultural poor and/or communities in fragile and conflict-affected states or closely affected by the aftermath of COVID-19.
- Call for concepts introduced. Submissions shall be accepted till September 30, 2021
- The 10 shortlisted contestants shall be notified by e-mail. Guidelines shall be supplied for shortlisted contestants to organize descriptions and pitches to be uploaded on the Congress platform.
- All candidates shall be invited to attend and community on the 2nd International Agrobiodiversity Congress.
- The 10 shortlisted contestants shall be invited to participate in the Pitch Day Competition on Monday, November fifteenth. Contestants shall be requested to make a closing pitch and attend a Q&A session with the Selection Committee, buyers, companions, and worldwide audience.
- The 5 successful innovations shall be awarded a prize on November 15th.
- The successful innovations may even be notified by e-mail and should reply to the notification e-mail to accept the prize. If the Secretariat doesn’t obtain a response from winners within seven (7) days of the notification, the Secretariat reserves the right to reallocate the prize to a different applicant.
The Selection Committee is chaired by the Deputy Director for Research & Innovation of Bioversity International and CIAT and 4 representatives of non-state actor/s from the field of analysis, academia, youth agriculture entrepreneurship, civil society, and/or the private sector.
Awards and Benefits
Awards shall be conferred during a ceremony on Congress. Prizes shall be offered by the Director-General of the Alliance of Bioversity International and CIAT and a high-level consultant of the Government of Italy.
Selected winners of the Agrobiodiversity Innovation Challenge will obtain each in cash and in-kind prizes.
Cash prize – Two grants/free equity of USD 5,000 to every of the top two innovators primarily based on level of excellence and innovation – (IFAD)
Mentoring – Support in high quality tuning enterprise fashions and growing business plans, together with access to science and enterprise growth teams – (CGIAR/ IITA BIP)
Partnership – Partnering with a CGIAR scientist or team to offer guidance and suggestions on innovation – (CGIAR/ Alliance, IIT)
Matching – Participating in a Shark Tank/Dragon’s Den-like pitch to IFAD country teams for alternatives to match for additional product growth and/or scaling (IFAD)
Expertise – In-kind, post-award assist shall be supplied to equip innovators with tools, technical help, strategic guidance, technological due diligence, mentorship, and access to a worldwide neighborhood of scientists and to area operations to check and scale options – (CGIAR/ Alliance, IIT)
Training and Tuition – Three successful concepts (crew or member) will obtain two full scholarship values USD 25,000 every, and one extra full-tuition assistance for participation within the Master I Level Open Innovation & Youth Entrepreneurship course from CIHEAM Bari – (CIHEAM Bari)
Final allocations of the awards shall be introduced on September 30, 2021.
For Startups and Founders:
Visibility and recognition – Shortlisted groups shall be featured on the Agrobiodiversity Congress website, reaching worldwide viewers together with worldwide buyers and organizations, in addition, to have the chance to pitch nearly to the Selection Committee.
Networking – Teams may have the chance to satisfy and network with technical consultants, worldwide organizations, investors, non-public sector companies, and analysis establishments.
Corporate actions – Winning groups could also be invited to alternatives for added studying or publicity related to the Agrobiodiversity Congress and Accelerate for Impact Platform, corresponding to taking part in social media campaigns, case research, and webinars to foster the open innovation mannequin and maintain entrepreneurship and innovation.
Application Form Link
Email: [email protected]
Click here to view the official notification for the Agrobiodiversity Innovation Challenge 2021.
Read More Similar Posts Below:
- Boeing Off Campus Drive 2023, hiring as Associate Software Engineer, 0-3 yr exp
- Micron Off Campus Drive 2023, hiring freshers as Associate Software Engineer
- Cornerstone Off Campus Drive 2023, Hiring as Associate Software Engineer
- SmartDocs Java Developer Off Campus Drive 2022, 0-2 yr exp can apply
- MountBlue SDE Hiring 2022, Freshers from 2023 Batch can Apply