Applications are invited from eligible candidates for the L’Oréal-UNESCO Young Talents for Women in Science Program 2021.
About the Program
The L’Oréal-UNESCO Young Talents for Women in Science program is dedicated to supporting the involvement of young women in scientific research. This program identifies and rewards brilliant younger women researchers in life and environmental sciences, materials sciences, arithmetic, computer and information sciences, engineering sciences, and technology.
To date, more than 50 endowments have been awarded to young Maghrebi doctoral and post-doctoral students – for the excellence of their academic degree, the originality of their scientific project, but additionally their desire to transmit their ardor to the young.
The L’Oréal-UNESCO Young Talents for Women in Science program goals to promote and help the involvement of young women in scientific research. This program identifies and rewards proficient young women researchers in life and environmental sciences, materials sciences, mathematics, computer and information sciences, engineering, and technology.
Since its creation, more than 50 endowments have been awarded to young women researchers for the standard of their research work.
For this 15th edition, 5 endowments might be awarded to encourage young female researchers at present in doctoral or post-doctoral research to pursue a brilliant scientific career.
- Be enrolled in a minimum of the second year of a doctorate (female doctoral candidates),
- Be in post-doctoral research and have defended their thesis earlier than the call for applications (post-doctoral candidates),
- To perform her research work within the following countries MAroc Algeria Tunisia or Libya, within the fields of life and environmental sciences, matter, engineering, mathematics, computer and information sciences,
- Do not have an everlasting position earlier than receiving the Award.
- Scientific excellence of the research work
- Quality of the application file
- The awarded doctoral candidates will each obtain an endowment of €10,000. The doctoral candidates should be enrolled in a doctoral school and in a research laboratory in one of many following countries Morocco Algeria Tunisia or Libya and have begun their doctorate by December 2019 on the latest (i.e. a minimum of, be registered in the 2nd year of their thesis) and never have yet defended their thesis at the date of the opening of the call for applications, in January 2021.
- The awarded post-doctoral fellows will each obtain an endowment of €10,000. They should work in a laboratory or a research institute in the same countries
- They should have defended their thesis after January 2016 and started their post-doctorate earlier than the opening date of the call for applications, in January 2021.
- The L’Oréal-UNESCO Young Talents Mahreb For Women in Science program grants might be awarded by the L’Oréal Foundation and are part of a partnership with UNESCO.
Interested candidates can go to the application page to apply for the program via this link.
- JUNE 1, 2021: Start of the call for application/nomination
- AUGUST 31, 2021: Beginning of evaluation of applications
- OCTOBER 7, 2021: Candidates’ final selection
Read More below:
- HDFC Bank Parivartan’s COVID Crisis Support Scholarship Program 2021 [Amount Rs. 75k] | Apply by 31st October
- Knight-Hennessy Scholarship for Stanford Graduate Program 2022-23 [Fully Funded; 100 Positions] | Apply by 6th October
- Tata Trusts Means Grant 2021-22: Apply by Jan 31, 2022
- Inlaks Theatre Award 2022 by Inlaks Shivdasani Foundation [Allowance Rs. 10k/Month] | Apply by Sep 15
- Kotak Kanya Scholarship 2021 by Kotak Education Foundation [Scholarship Amount Upto Rs. 1 L]: Apply by 30th September