Entries are invited from eligible candidates for the NASA International Space Apps Challenge.
About the Challenge
Since its inception in 2012, NASA’s International Space Apps Challenge has engaged 150,000+ people from 150+ nations in using NASA’s open data to build progressive solutions to challenges we face on Earth and in space.
To mark the tenth annual Space Apps, NASA is collaborating with 9 worldwide space company partners to convey the largest annual global hackathon in the world to even more communities!
NASA welcomes the Australian Space Agency, Brazilian Space Agency, Canadian Space Agency, European Space Agency, Japan Aerospace Exploration Agency, National Space Activities Commission of Argentina, National Space Science Agency of Bahrain, Paraguayan Space Agency, and South African National Space Agency to the Space Apps 2021 household.
The NASA International Space Apps Challenge (Space Apps) is a global hackathon for coders, scientists, designers, storytellers, makers, builders, technologists, and others in cities around the globe, where groups engage the National Aeronautics and Space Administration’s (NASA’s) free and open information to deal with real-world problems on Earth and in space.
For one weekend every October, participants from around the globe come collectively over a 48-hour period to solve challenges submitted by NASA personnel. After the hackathon, project submissions are judged by space company experts, and winners are selected for one among 10 Global Awards.
Space Apps introduces problem-solvers worldwide to NASA’s free and open data. By using NASA information to solve every year’s challenges, Space Apps groups find out about NASA’s information and share within the creation and application of the knowledge that results.
Space Apps additionally inspires collaboration, creativity, and demanding thinking. Our mission is to leverage this interest to encourage the expansion and diversity of the next generation of scientists, technologists, designers, storytellers, and engineers.
What is the aim of NASA Space Apps 2021?
Space Apps, which started in 2012, has now become the most important world hackathon. While NASA offers awards to the top tasks (see more below), Space Apps is all about collaboration! The mission is targeted at the next objectives:
- To encourage collaboration, creativity, and critical thinking
- To foster curiosity in Earth and space science and exploration
- To elevate the consciousness of NASA data around the world
- To encourage the development and variety of the next technology of scientists, technologists, designers, engineers, artists, and so on.
This year’s event theme is “The Power of Ten.” This theme was chosen by NASA for several reasons. One, it celebrates the truth that this year’s event is the tenth annual event.
Since 2012, Space Apps has grown leaps and bounds — because of you! Two, it reminds us that the subsequent ten years have a lot in store, each for NASA and for Space Apps.
Three, the theme captures a number of the ways in which we’re celebrating the tenth annual event this year, which includes our inclusion of additional house agency partners and additional Global Awards — amongst different issues!
Who Should Participate in Space Apps?
- The common thread amongst Space Apps participants is that you’re curious about space science and exploration, that you’re creative, and that you just need to solve problems.
- As part of Space Apps, you’re a part of a worldwide hackathon group that embraces collaboration throughout borders, sectors, and cultures to result in paradigm-shifting innovation.
Interested members can register for the NASA International Space Apps Challenge via this link.
Email: [email protected]
Read More Similar Posts Below
- CBSE Reading Challenge 3.0 for Class 6-10 Students [Nov 22-Dec 31] | Register Now
- AmExpert 2021 CODELAB: Machine Learning Hackathon [Exciting Prizes]: Register by 19th December
- Reliance TUP 7.0 Challenge 2021 Cash Prize Rs. 10L: Apply by 14th November
- Participate in Adobe Analytics Challenge 2021 ( Prize worth 44L) | Apply by 21st September
- Amrit Mahotsav Shri Shakti Challenge 2021 by MyGov [Grants Upto Rs. 10 L] | Apply by 17th September