Applications are invited for News Publishing Specialist at Thomson Reuters, Bangalore for the year 2021. Online applications are open on the official website.
About Thomson Reuters
Thomson Reuters is the world’s leading provider of news and information-based tools to professionals. Our worldwide community of journalists and specialist editors keeps customers up to the speed of global developments, with a particular focus on authorized, regulatory, and tax modifications.
The successful candidate should have great editing skills and strong news judgment to juggle, choose and bundle from the lots of reports tales hitting the wires each hour. Other than managing the websites and top news pages, the publisher will work carefully with Reuters’ most important editorial services in deciding what our top stories are, and how we should always present them to millions of readers.
Here is the profile we’re searching for and that we want to build in our online producers and information publishing specialists:
- You know news when you see it, and you understand how to prioritize dozens of stories that are competing for consideration in limited areas.
- If you are submitting stories to our website and apps, you understand how to balance the needs of our public reading audience, and may select the strongest common and business information stories of the day. If you might be filing to our skilled terminal service, you may reimagine the presentation of that news for sophisticated financial industry subscribers who depend on us to make massive and fast trading decisions.
- You know how you can rewrite headlines, news leads, and captions to suit these totally different audience requirements.
- You learn the news of the world every day from a variety of news sources and know the primary headlines of the day in world business and finance
- You have a dedication to ethical journalism and a desire to suspend bias in favor of information and a spirit of inquiry.
- You can grasp the often daunting problem of discovering photographs that correctly illustrate stories, and are conscious of the pitfalls related to matching inappropriate pictures to news stories.
- You have not less than one year of experience on an editing desk or publishing team, covering financial news.
- You are a quick learner and adopter of the latest technologies.
- You can work night and evening shifts as well as day shifts in a rotation that changes every few weeks.
- Some knowledge/interest in financial reporting would be a plus
- Information of packaging tools similar to Adobe InDesign, MS Publisher, QuarkXpress, HTML, and so on may also come in useful
Read More for More Opportunities:
- IFAO-PCMA Post-Doctoral Fellowship 2022-23 Stipend Up to 27 Lakhs | Application Deadline 27th November
- Participate in Adobe Analytics Challenge 2021 ( Prize worth 44L) | Apply by 21st September
- Proposal for Development of Electric Vehicles by Govt. of India | Last date 5th September
- Graduate & Technician Apprenticeship 2021-22 by ISRO, Ahmedabad | Apply by 31st Aug
- JRF in Computer Science Under MeitY Funded Project at NIT Silchar | Apply by 30th Sept.