About the Fellowship
India is going through a second and worse wave of Covid-19 pandemic. At this time, the nation requires journalism to inform the tales of braveness, of loss and grief, of the state of preparedness, and in regards to the efforts being made by communities, people, civil society, and authorities. Journalists are wanted to doc with rigor the gaps and lacunae in governance when it seems.
At the identical time, journalists should be vigilant in regards to the many spiraling results that the pandemic and subsequent selections to sort out it has on the lives of many and the economic system at massive. To assist them to accomplish that, NFI is launching the second window of its media fellowships for impartial journalists exterior six massive metropolitan cities.
In this second spherical, as many as 25 fellowships can be found for reporting in English, and as many as 10 fellowships can be found for reporting in Malayalam.
Stories to Pitch for the Grant
The story might be considered one of these themes or on the intersection of those themes. This is an indicative listing and never an exhaustive one.
- How are native, district, state, or central governments responding (or, not responding) to the second wave of covid-19?
- Specific tales of how folks, communities, civil society, and/or companies responding to the second wave of covid-19. The public well-being problem within the wake of the Covid-19 pandemic.
- Particular conflicts over frequent property sources, resource capture, and corruption. Contests and conflicts over pure sources.
- Cases, episodes, or developments impacting the atmosphere.
- Misgovernance. Or, good governance.
- Livelihoods and rights of individuals.
- Functioning of important providers and social safety schemes.
- Workings of companies and economic systems that impression society, rights, and sources.
- Social cooperation and innovation within the face of recent challenges.
- Civil and elementary rights of residents.
- Evidence-based tendencies in how our societies are altering.
Journalists who meet the next two standards:
- Independent journalists not engaged on a full-time foundation with any media organization.
- Journalists who’re Indian residents and residing in India exterior the six metropolitan cities of Delhi-NCR, Mumbai, Kolkota, Chennai, Hyderabad, and Bengaluru.
For more details and the application form click here
- On the subsequent web page, we offer details, standards, and pitch information for the applying. Please learn them fastidiously earlier than filling within the detailed utility kind.
- An NFI-appointed jury of eminent journalists selects the grantees primarily based on the detailed utility. For the fellowships to report in Malayalam, the editorial management of Azhimukham and NFI will collectively choose fellows.
- Weightage is given to candidates from deprived backgrounds.
- Early submissions get extra weightage in the course of the choice course.
- Fellowship grants are introduced within 15 days of the applying window closing. Successful candidates are knowledgeable by e-mail and thru announcements on the NFI website.
Each fellow might be granted INR 30,000 to publish one story of 1,000-1,500 phrases on a broad vary of themes and problems with public curiosity, reported in depth over one month.
For official notification, click on under.
NFI Fellowships 2021 for Independent Journalists.
Check below for more similar opportunities:
N.B. – Here in JobSeeker24.com we attempt to get you the precise data. After all, all of us are human beings, subsequently, there could also be some errors. Providing any fallacious data won’t be our function. If you might have any doubt relating to any data, then please conduct your individual search and be confirmed. Thank you