Govt of India invites nominations for Padma Awards 2022 (#PeoplePadma). The final date of nomination submission is 15 Sept 2021.
About Padma Awards
The Padma Awards are one of many highest civilian honors of India introduced yearly on the eve of Republic Day. The Awards are given in three categories: Padma Vibhushan (for distinctive and distinguished service), Padma Bhushan (distinguished service of higher-order), and Padma Shri (distinguished service). The award seeks to acknowledge achievements in all fields of actions or disciplines where a component of public service is involved.
The Padma Awards are conferred on the suggestions made by the Padma Awards Committee, which is constituted by the Prime Minister each year. The nomination process is open to the general public. Even self-nomination could be made.
Padma Awards, which have been instituted within the year 1954, is introduced each year on the event of Republic Day except for brief interruption(s) in the course of the years 1978 and 1979 and 1993 to 1997.
The award is given in three categories, specifically,
- Padma Vibhushan for distinctive and distinguished service;
- Padma Bhushan for distinguished service of an excessive order; and
- Padma Shri for distinguished service.
The award seeks to acknowledge works of distinction and is given for distinguished and distinctive achievements/services in all fields of actions/disciplines. An illustrative listing of the fields is as below:
- Art (consists of Music, Painting, Sculpture, Photography, Cinema, Theatre, and so on.)
- Social work (consists of social service, charitable service, contribution in community projects, and so on.)
- Public Affairs (consists of Law, Public Life, Politics, and so on.)
- Science & Engineering (consists of Space Engineering, Nuclear Science, Information Technology, Research & Development in Science & its allied topics and so forth.)
- Trade & Industry (consists of Banking, Economic Activities, Management, Promotion of Tourism, Business and so forth.)
- Medicine (consists of medical research, distinction/specialization in Ayurveda, Homeopathy, Siddha, Allopathy, Naturopathy, and so forth.)
- Literature & Education (consists of Journalism, Teaching, Book composing, Literature, Poetry, Promotion of education, Promotion of literacy, Education Reforms and so forth.)
- Civil Service (consists of distinction/excellence in administration and so forth. by Government Servants)
- Sports (consists of popular Sports, Athletics, Adventure, Mountaineering, promotion of sports activities, Yoga, and so forth.)
- Others (fields not covered above and may include propagation of Indian Culture, protection of Human Rights, Wild Life safety/ conservation, and so forth.)
- Interested candidates can nominate and register for the Padma Awards 2022 through this page.
- The awards shall be introduced on the occasion of Republic Day in 2022.
No. of Awards
The whole number of awards to be given in a year (excluding posthumous awards and to NRI/foreigners/OCIs) shouldn’t be more than 120.
All nominations received for Padma Awards are placed before the Padma Awards Committee, which is constituted by the Prime Minister each year. The Padma Awards Committee is headed by the Cabinet Secretary and consists of Home Secretary, Secretary to the President, and 4 to 6 eminent individuals as members. The recommendations of the committee are submitted to the Prime Minister and the President of India for approval.
Read More Similar Posts:
- Samsung SRIB Software Developer Hiring Challenge 2021[Online]: Register by 24th Oct
- Project BookPecker Fellowship(WFH): Application Deadline 7th November
- Financial Content Writing Internship at SEBI, Mumbai: Deadline 30th October
- IFAO-PCMA Post-Doctoral Fellowship 2022-23 Stipend Up to 27 Lakhs | Application Deadline 27th November
- Participate in Adobe Analytics Challenge 2021 ( Prize worth 44L) | Apply by 21st September