Applications are invited from eligible candidates for the Scholarship Programme for Diaspora Children (SPDC) 2021-22.
About the Scholarship
Ministry of External Affairs, Government of India launched “Scholarship Programme for Diaspora Children (SPDC) within the educational year 2006-2007 for the kids of Persons of Indian Origin (PIOs)/ kids of Overseas Citizens of India (OCIs) and Non-Resident Indians (NRIs), to help them in pursuing Under Graduate programs in Indian Universities/Institutes and promote India as a center of higher studies.
The SPDC was prolonged to the Children of Indian Workers in 17 Emigration Check Required (ECR) nations (Afghanistan, Bahrain, Indonesia, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Malaysia, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Sudan, Syria, Thailand, United Arab Emirates, and Yemen) in 2015-16.
No. of Scholarships
- Every year scholarship is given to 150 selected students, without earmarking NRIs, PIOs, and Children of Indian Workers in ECR nations under SPDC. Out of those 150 scholarships, 50 are earmarked for PIOs/OCIs, 50 are earmarked for NRIs, and 50 are earmarked for Children of Indian Workers within the 17 ECR nations subject to fulfilling eligibility criteria.
- Out of the 50 scholarships reserved for children of Indian Workers in ECR nations, around 1/3 rd (17) is reserved for children of Indian Workers in ECR nations who’re pursuing studies in India, subject to fulfilling eligibility criteria. If the seats aren’t stuffed up in any of the classes, they shall be made obtainable to candidates from different categories below SPDC.
SPDC is awarded to the next 4 categories:
- Children of PIOs/OCIs.
- Children of NRIs.
- Children of Indian Workers in ECR nations studied outside India.
- Children of Indian Workers in ECR nations studied in India.
- Schooling & Qualifying Examination: Children of PIOs/OCIs should have completed the six years of education from 07th to twelfth from selected 69 nations and the kids of Indian workers in 17 ECR nations who’re studied overseas should have achieved the three years of education from tenth to twelfth normal from chosen 69 nations & the kids of Indian workers in 17 ECR nations who’re studied in India should have cleared the Senior Secondary (10+2) or equal examination from a system of education recognized by the Association of Indian Universities (AIU), with requisite topics. Children of Indians residing in Nepal have completed not less than 4 years of education and two years of lessons XI & XII in Nepal simply before use.
- Minimum Marks in Qualifying Examination: The candidate should have secured a minimum of 60% aggregate marks or equal grades in an aggregate of all the subjects within the qualifying examination.
- Subjects of Study in Qualifying Examination: The candidate should have studied the prescribed important subjects on the qualifying examination stage to pursue a specific course of the examination.
The SPDC is open to candidates within the age group of 17 to 21 years on thirty-first July 2021. Date of beginning as recorded within the Secondary Education Board/University Certificate of Class 10th or equal, or as mentioned in certificates for this goal issued by acceptable Government authorities of respective nations shall be taken as authentic for this purpose.
- In the First Year: Partial financial help to the extent of 75% of the whole Institutional Economic Cost (IEC) subject to a most of US $ Four Thousand (US$ 4,000) each year whichever is much less can be made by the Ministry of External Affairs, Government of India to the candidates selected for the SPDC scheme. IEC consists of Tuition charges, Hostel charges & different institutional expenses. (Food expenses are excluded).
- For Second and Subsequent Years: The parameters for the continuation of scholarship to selected candidates for the second and subsequent years of examination w.e.f. Academic Year 2022-23, are as follows:
- Students securing 50% and above marks in combination in an educational year with clear pass marks in all subjects of study, can be eligible to obtain the maximum admissible scholarship i.e. 75% of IEC or US$ Four Thousand (US$ 4,000) in the following year of study.
- Students, who secure lower than 50% marks in combination in an educational year and have obtained clear pass marks in all topics of study, can be eligible to receive 90% of the scholarship admissible under paragraph 7(i) above, in the following year of study.
- Students, who couldn’t secure clear pass marks in all subjects however have been promoted by the Institute/University to the next educational year, can be eligible to obtain 50% of the scholarship admissible below paragraph 7(i) above within the following year of examine
- Students, who haven’t been promoted to the following educational year, wouldn’t be eligible for grant of any additional scholarship.
- The students who’ve been getting scholarships from earlier shall be administered scholarships as per their respective guidelines. Existing beneficiaries shall proceed to get the scholarships until the completion of their programs, if in any other case eligible.
Interested candidates can apply for the scholarship by means of this link.
Nov 30, 2021
N.B. – Here in JobSeeker24.com we attempt to get you the precise data. After all, all of us are human beings, subsequently, there could also be some errors. Providing any fallacious data won’t be our function. If you might have any doubt relating to any data, please conduct your individual search and confirm. Thank you