Applications are invited for the Rhodes Scholarships India Programme 2022 at the University of Oxford, UK.
About the Scholarship
The Rhodes Scholarship program is the oldest (established 1903) worldwide scholarship program globally and vital. Administered by the Rhodes Trust in Oxford, the program gives 100 fully-funded Scholarships each year for postgraduate research at the University of Oxford within the United Kingdom – one of the world’s leading universities.
Rhodes Scholarships are for young leaders of excellent mind and character who’re motivated to interact with global challenges, dedicated to the service, and present promise of changing into value-driven, principled leaders for the world’s future.
No. of Scholarships
Each year, there are 5 Scholarships out there for India. The first Indian Rhodes Scholars took up residence in Oxford in 1947, and since that time over 2 hundred Indians have been awarded the Scholarship.
- Citizenship: You have to be a citizen of India, holding an Indian passport, or equal proof of citizenship; PIO or OCI cardholders don’t fulfill the Indian citizenship standards for this purpose.
- Education/Residency: You should have undertaken formal study at an educational establishment in India for a minimum of 4 of the last 10 years, and have both (i) accomplished a school-leaving exam (10th or 12th standard or equal) at a college in India, or (ii) have acquired, or be within the final year of, an undergraduate degree at a university in India.
- Age: You should meet both of the under standards:
- Upon 1 October 2021, you must be at least 18 and haven’t reached your 24th birthday (i.e. you must have been born after 1 October 1997 and on or earlier than 1 October 2003).
- OR (for older candidates who accomplished their first undergraduate degree later than usual)
- Upon 1 October 2021, you must haven’t reached your 27th birthday (i.e. have been born after 1 October 1994 AND
- You have met or will meet the educational necessities for completing your first undergraduate degree on or after 1 October 2020
- Academic Achievement: You should have completed (or may have completed by June / July 2022) your undergraduate degree with First Class, or equal. Successful candidates are sometimes characteristic throughout the top few ranks of their graduating courses. Please be aware: only one of the 5 available Scholarships (and, in exceptional cases, two) could also be awarded in the aggregate to
- candidates who’re pursuing, or have pursued, their undergraduate research at a university located outside India and
- inter-jurisdictional Candidates.
- If unsuccessful in your first application to the Rhodes Scholarships, you might subsequently re-apply only as soon as more (and this have to be in the same constituency), subject to assembly the eligibility criteria.
- Selection for the Rhodes Scholarship is made without regard to financial means.
- Selection for the Rhodes Scholarship is made without regard to marital standing, race, ethnic origin, color, gender, faith, sexual orientation, social background, disability, caste, or different irrelevant distinctions.
- The provision of such information within the ‘Outreach’ section of the application form is optional, however, helps us to make sure that our selection processes are fair and that our outreach efforts are efficient; these concerns in choice will only see summary statistics of those responses in an anonymized format that can not be tracked again to the individual.
- You are applying for a Rhodes Scholarship for entry to the University of Oxford in October 2022; the scholarship can’t be deferred.
- The Rhodes Scholarship is confirmed only upon successful admission to the University of Oxford.
- No choice will be made if a sufficiently qualified candidate cannot be found.
- The determination of the Selection Committee is final.
- Interested candidates can apply for the scholarship via this link.
- If you’re longlisted you can be invited to attend a preliminary interview, which can be held in person or through a video conference.
- Shortlisted candidates will be invited to a social engagement (a tea or dinner with the selection committee hosted by the Chairman) and a remaining interview.
- Interviews will be held in October or November 2021.
- No candidate will be chosen without an interview. The granting of an interview is entirely at the discretion of the Selection Committee. A domestic travel allowance for candidates invited for the ultimate interview will be paid by the Rhodes Trust. The international journey will not be reimbursed.
- All candidates will be emailed with the result of their application.
August 2, 2021
Read More Similar Posts Below: