Applications are invited for the M.Sc. (Digital Society) program at IIIT Bangalore for the tutorial year beginning July 2021.
About IIIT Bangalore
The International Institute of Information Technology, Bangalore (IIIT Bangalore) is a non-public technical and analysis college in Bangalore, India. The Institute is a registered not-for-profit society funded collectively by the Government of Karnataka and the IT business under a public-private partnership model.
Societies in all places are grappling with speedy transitions to digital modes of residing. Even as digital instruments are heralded for making life straightforward, they will additionally throw up a variety of complexities that demand competence in understanding the social lives of technology and the bearing they’ve on our on a regular basis life. The proliferation of the digital as a ubiquitous part of our routine has additionally created a pressing want for nuanced discussions that account for each social and the technical dimension of a digital society.
About the Programme
Recognizing the necessity for professionals that may serve the calls for society’s digital wants and disruptions, IIIT Bangalore invites applications for a two-year, full-time, interdisciplinary, Master’s diploma in Digital Society, open to graduates from any self-discipline.
The program is designed to create a bunch of professionals who will:
- Contribute to the design, growth, and deployment of digital applied sciences for various social teams;
- Provide and handle options that tackle persistent challenges in domains comparable to finance, schooling, governance, well being and leisure;
- Engage in policymaking and advocacy for deploying digital applied sciences; and
- Enrich interdisciplinary analysis of the digital society.
Live Q&A with school members on April 5, 3-4:30 p.m. To register for the session, click here.
A two-week program orientation on Technical and Social Science Foundations: This will encompass a sequence of classes, together with lectures, readings, and audio-visual media to show college students the foundational logic of the program and its interdisciplinary underpinnings.
Core Courses and Electives: Specifically designed for a heterogeneous pupil group to study and tackle numerous challenges of the digital society, together with:
- Developing, deploying, and managing large-scale digital methods;
- Designing interfaces for various populations;
- Socio-historical elements of the “digital”;
- Policy and regulatory points within the up to date digital society;
- Quantitative and qualitative analysis strategies, instruments, and strategies, to look at a person wants and outcomes, and to judge the impression of ICTs;
- Technologies comparable to the cloud or cellular platforms, information analytics, social media, human-computer interplay, and spatial-information methods;
- Domain-specific understanding of the technology-society interface, together with points pertaining to schooling, governance, gender, id, poverty, and public well-being.
Project-based studying: This includes small-group initiatives to deal with challenges of the digital society by making use of learnings from the programs.
Thesis/Internship: In the ultimate time period, college students shall be required to both: (a) work on a Master’s thesis to hone their analysis expertise; OR (b) undertake an internship to additional sharpen their skilled expertise by making use of the learnings from programs undertaken in the course of the earlier phrases – this might contain engaged on an undertaking inside their guardian organizations.
Career alternatives for M.Sc. (Digital Society) graduates might exist in:
- Organizations engaged in human-centered computing for product growth
- Development sector organizations excited by ICT-Society interface
- Government businesses and e-Governance programs
- Consulting organizations working with the general public and growth sectors
- CSR items of corporates excited by leveraging the digital ecology
- Corporate analysis labs and Design organizations
- International growth businesses and Policy think-tanks and so on.
- An undergraduate degree (of a minimum of 3 years length) in any self-discipline (together with arts, science, commerce, design, administration, regulation, engineering, and so on.) with a primary division/class from a recognized University. Those anticipating to graduate by 1st August 2020 may additionally apply.
- The candidates who have a sound rating in CAT 2020, CEED 2021, CUCET 2021, or TISS NET 2021 could also be exempted from showing for a written take a look at IIIT Bangalore.
Tuition Fees and different Expenses
- The tuition charges, as relevant for admissions in July 2020, is Rs. 1,60,000/- per semester. The whole tuition charge for all the length of the program (for 4 semesters) shall be Rs. 6,40,000/-
- Hostel and Facility Charges shall be Rs 39,000/- per semester, Medical Insurance premium of Rs 1,250 per year, and Mess fees of roughly Rs 25,800/- plus relevant taxes per semester (Mess fees are topic to revision occasionally). Other prices for books and provides, journey, buy of a laptop computer must be factored by college students relying on their particular person circumstances and Institute norms.
Scholarships and Financial Support
- Scholarships shall be made accessible to as many as 20 admitted college students as per current Institute coverage. For college students becoming a member of in July 2021, the scholarship quantity is anticipated to be Rs. 12,400/- monthly (topic to most of 4 semesters).
- In addition, M.Sc. (Digital Society) college students can even count on a stipend of Rs. 15,000-25,000/- monthly over the past six months of the program whereas engaged on their internship/thesis.
How to Apply?
- Interested candidates are requested to apply for the program through this link.
- Applicants should pay a non-refundable utility price of Rs. 1000/- as talked about within the directions on the aforesaid webpage.
- Candidates whose utility is present in order should take a written examination online carried out by IIIT Bangalore that may take a look at numerical/quantitative, analytical, and design consciousness. Sample questions for the doorway examination can be found on the aforesaid webpage.
- Candidates who have a sound rating in CAT 2020, CEED 2021, CUCET 2021 or TISS NET 2021 may be exempted from showing for the written take a look at relying on their scores. Such candidates should submit a replica of the scorecard.
- All the shortlisted candidates should seem for interview online via a video calling utility which is able to together with a writing train to check their verbal, IT, and social consciousness. The resolution of the Admissions Committee on this matter shall be last.
- The last record of candidates to be admitted shall be determined after the interview. The choice shall be based mostly on efficiency within the interview, scores within the written take a look at (or, in one of many 4 nationwide stage entrance assessments talked about above), skilled expertise and marks obtained in 10th, 12th, and Under-graduate/Bachelor’s examinations.
- 15th March 2021: The utility course for the 2020-21 educational year opens
- 15th May 2021: Last date for submitting online applications
- 5th-6th June 2021: Written take a look at shall be carried out online for candidates without a sound rating in CAT 2020, CEED 2021, CUCET 2021, or TISS NET 2021, adopted by private interviews via video calling utility.
- 5th-6th June 2021: Personal interviews via video calling utility for shortlisted candidates with a sound rating in CAT 2019, CEED 2020, CUCET 2020, or TISS NET 2020.
- 15th June 2021: Release of the primary record of chosen candidates (extra lists could also be launched if required)
- Offer acceptance and fee of charges: As famous within the supply letter
- 14th July 2021: Registrations for the brand new batch on the IIIT Bangalore campus
- 15th July – 30th July 2021: Program orientation classes
- 2nd August: Semester 1 lessons start
M.Sc. (Digital Society)
Email: [email protected]
For more details, click on the link under.
More Similar Programs:
N.B. – Here in JobSeeker24.com we attempt to get you the precise data. After all, all of us are human beings, subsequently, there could also be some errors. Providing any fallacious data will not be our function. If you might have any doubt relating to any data, then please conduct your individual search and be confirmed. Thank you.