Nominations are now invited for the Alexander von Humboldt Foundation Georg Forster Research Award 2021.
The Alexander von Humboldt Foundation presents as many as six Georg Forster Research Awards every year to internationally excellent researchers from developing and transition countries in recognition of their academic documents to date. The research award was named for famed German ethnologist Georg Forster (1754–1794) and is funded by the Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development.
The award is meant to assist the long-term promotion of excellent scientific multipliers in transition and growing international locations whose research will contribute to bettering the living conditions of their countries of origin.
- The award amount is €60,000.
- Award winners are additionally invited to conduct a research project of their alternative at a research institution in Germany in cooperation with specialist colleagues there.
- The award allows a complete stay of between six months and a full year, which could be split into several stays. If required, we are going to provide additional funding of as much as €25,000 to finance academic collaboration – particularly to cover the prices of attending academic conferences, of material resources similar to specialist literature or scientific tools at the home institution, or of including junior researchers.
Call for Nominations
- Nominations for a Georg Forster Research Award could also be initiated by established researchers at research institutions in Germany.
- Humboldt Foundation award winners working overseas are additionally eligible to submit nominations collectively with a researcher working in Germany.
Eligible for nomination are researchers whose fundamental discoveries, new theories, or findings have had a long-lasting impact on their self-discipline beyond their immediate research area and who will proceed to contribute to growing research-based approaches to the precise challenges of growing and rising countries. The particular person nominated should moreover meet the next standards:
- The nominee’s academic achievements should be internationally recognized and confirmed by corresponding successes in research.
- The nominee might not previously have acquired an award from the Humboldt Foundation for her/his tutorial work.
Self-nominations will not be possible, nor might you nominate close relations or your marital/registered partner. We significantly encourage the nomination of qualified female researchers.
The most important choice standards embrace:
- the nominee’s excellent worldwide reputation as a researcher
- analysis findings with a demonstrable influence that extends past the quick subject of labor
- the importance of awarding an analysis prize about the developmental relevance of the analysis (The United Nations’ 17 Sustainable Development Goals can function some extent of reference right here.)
- the nominee’s multiplier impact in analysis, instructing, and science administration and in different development-related processes outdoors the analysis subject.
Call for Nominations
To submit your nominations online, click here.
The final date to submit your nominations is October 31, 2021.
Read About More Opportunities Below:
- Participate in Adobe Analytics Challenge 2021 ( Prize worth 44L) | Apply by 21st September
- Amrit Mahotsav Shri Shakti Challenge 2021 by MyGov [Grants Upto Rs. 10 L] | Apply by 17th September
- Young Global Changemakers (YGC) Award 2021 | Apply by 31st August
- Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana Quiz Contest 2021 by Govt of India [Prizes of Rs. 19k]: Register by 21st August
- Goethe Institut Upcycling Competition 2021 [Prizes Worth Rs. 87k] | Submit Application by 15th Sept.