Applications are invited from eligible candidates for the post of Consultant at UNDP, Solan (HP).
The United Nations Development Programme is the worldwide growth network of the United Nations. It promotes technical and funding cooperation amongst nations and advocates for change and connects nations to knowledge, experience, and sources to assist people to build a greater life for themselves.
Table of Contents
The Revenue Department (DM), State Government of Himachal Pradesh is responsible to undertake numerous actions as per the legal-institutional framework of the National Disaster Management Act 2005.
UNDP has been supporting the state authorities since 2016 to strengthen the SDMA (State Disaster Management Authority) and all 12 DDMAs (District Disaster Management Authorities) out of funds available with it underneath the 14th Finance Commission Grant by offering demand-based human resources at the state and district levels to facilitate implementation of training & capacity building actions within the State.
In this context, UNDP is searching for people for the positions of Documentation Coordinator to offer support to the Government of HP within the state.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Documentation Coordinator shall be based mostly at DDMA, within the District Headquarter of Solan, and under the general supervision of the Deputy Commissioner, he/she would perform the next duties:
- Support Training & Capacity Building Coordinator for organizing numerous Disaster Management Activities and maintaining a database.
- Support in organizing info and preparation of reports in coordination with the field employees
- Facilitate and strengthen the reporting system for dissemination of knowledge to the different companies concerned with Disaster Management actions
- Assist in classifying and compiling numerous data products resembling reviews, training manuals, handbooks, audio-visual materials, IEC materials, and different publications
- Document best practices and lessons learned
- Awareness generation of DDMA actions through social networking websites with prior approval of DDMA.
- Assist NIC in maintaining and updating disaster management content within the district website in coordination with Deputy Commissioner’s workplace
- Collect inputs from various stakeholders and replace the India Disaster Resource Network (IDRN) regularly
- Respond to the e-mails, queries, questions, and clarifications from numerous stakeholders
- Collect, compile, digitize and transmit knowledge products from numerous sources organizations regularly
- Designing layouts, graphics, and different IEC materials in coordination with the Training and Capacity Building Coordinator.
- Submit periodic progress reports to the Deputy Commissioner
- Help preserve a database of trainers, trainees, and different useful resource persons within the district
- Facilitate & Coordinate the establishment and proper functioning of District Emergency Operation Centers for Disaster Management info dissemination.
- Perform all such features that could be entrusted by the DDMA.
Knowledge Management and Learning
- Promotes a knowledge sharing and learning culture within the State;
- Actively works in the direction of persevering with personal learning and growth within the topic area of the project, acts on a learning plan, and applies newly acquired expertise.
- Strong Oral and Communication expertise.
- Strong analytical, assessment, and project planning abilities.
Development and Operational Effectiveness:
- Ability to use conceptual models in support of the implementation of the various actions assigned by the DDMA
- Good knowledge of the results-based administration of the activities/initiatives
- Good working knowledge of Computers, MS Office, ICT Tools
- Ability to steer the implementation of initiatives.
- Displays cultural, gender, faith, race, nationality and age sensitivity, and adaptableness
- Demonstrates integrity and moral requirements.
Required Skills and Experience
- Essential – Post Graduate/Master’s Degree in Disaster Management or Environmental Sciences or social sciences or associated self-discipline.
- Desirable- Knowledge of Customs and Manners of Himachal Pradesh.
- Experience: Essential -Minimum 2 years work expertise in Disaster Management or sector relevance to the Disaster Management with government or public sector group or with reputed NGO.
- Language: Fluency of Hindi & English language is required.
- Duration of the Work: The contract shall be awarded for eight months initially. Working days shall be as per the State Government policy.
Evaluation Method and Criteria
Shortlisting could be finished based mostly on the next standards:
- Educational Qualification 30% Marks
- Relevant Experience 50% Marks
- Suitability for the assignment 20% Marks.
- Interested candidates can go to the official application page using this link.
- Only shortlisted candidates shall be referred to as for an interview. As a part of the interview process, candidates could also be required to display their expertise by preparation of PowerPoint presentation, design of Information Education and Communication (IEC) materials, and many others.
- The interviews shall be conducted both in Shimla, Himachal Pradesh, or in New Delhi and shall be based mostly on the competencies (expertise) required as per the ToR.
- The contract shall be awarded on a merit basis. If face-to-face interviews are performed, travel prices will be borne by the shortlisted candidate.
July 29, 2021
For any clarifications, please write to [email protected]
Read More Related Posts:
- MountBlue Off Campus Placement Drive 2022 for Freshers Hiring as Software Development Engineer
- Philips Off Campus Placement Drive 2022 for Freshers Hiring as Software Engineer 1
- Dassault Systemes Off Campus Placement Drive 2022 for Freshers Hiring as R&D Development Engineer
- Baker Hughes Off Campus Placement Drive 2022 for Freshers Hiring as Software Developer
- Weir Off Campus Placement Drive 2022 for Freshers Hiring as Engineer Trainee