The Bhabha Atomic Research Centre (BARC) invites applications for the Recruitment of Scientific Officers within the Department of Atomic Energy via the Bhabha Atomic Research Centre Training School.
BARC Training Schools provide two Training Schemes to deserving candidates formidable to pursuing a rewarding profession in Nuclear Science, Engineering, and Technology.
They are respectively referred to as Orientation Course for Engineering Graduates and Science Postgraduates (OCES) and DAE Graduate Fellowship Scheme for Engineering Graduates and Physics Postgraduates (DGFS). Successful completion of the Training Schemes ensures employment as Scientific Officer “C‟ in one of the DAE units or Atomic Energy Regulatory Board with engaging professional development alternatives as much as the highest echelons.
Training Schemes and Employment Description
- One-year Orientation Course for Engineering Graduates and Science Postgraduates for the educational year 2021-2022 (OCES-2021) shall be conducted on the 5 BARC Training Schools situated in Mumbai, Kalpakkam, Indore, and Hyderabad. A Trainee Scientific Officer (TSO), who scores a minimum of 50% combination marks on completion of the Training Program is said to have passed the course successfully. Appointment in DAE units shall be as a “Group A” Gazetted Officer of the Government of India besides in BHAVINI, NPCIL, and UCIL that are ruled by the service rules of Corporations.
- Two-year DAE Graduate Fellowship Scheme for Engineering Graduates and Physics Postgraduates for the educational session beginning in July/ August 2021 (DGFS-2021). Under this scheme, Engineering Graduates and Physics Postgraduates who’ve excelled within the Selection Interviews for the BARC Training Schools’ programs and who’ve additionally independently secured admission for M. Tech./ M.Chem. Engg. in choose Institutes and specializations are paid a stipend and tuition fee to pursue an M.Tech./ M.Chem. Engg. degree whereas retaining their employment in DAE. After successful completion of one-year course work on the Institute, DGFS Fellows undertake project work, which is assigned by DAE and supervised jointly by a DAE and an Institute guide.
Candidates are invited to apply for the following disciplines:
- Engineering Disciplines
- Fast Reactor Technology
- Quality Assurance & Quality Control
- Physics Discipline
- Chemistry Discipline
- Biosciences Discipline
- Radiological Safety & Environmental Science
- Geology Discipline
- Those having M.Sc. (by research) or Ph.D. are not eligible
Stipend & Allowances
OCES TSOs and DGFS Fellows are paid a stipend of ₹ 55,000 monthly in the course of the period of their training and a one-time book allowance of ₹ 18,000. DGFS Fellows have reimbursed the tutoring fee for M.Tech./ M.Chem.Engg. and are additionally paid a one-time Contingency Grant of ₹ 25,000 to meet M.Tech./ M.Chem. Engg. project-related expenses.
Boarding and Lodging in DAE Hostel are obligatory for OCES TSOs during the Training interval. Boarding and lodging within the DGFS Institute hostel are obligatory for DGFS Fellows during M. Tech./ M.Chem. Engg. program.
Grade & Pay
Monthly emoluments (with three increments) on the time of joining including Dearness Allowance, House Rent Allowance, and Transport Allowance at the moment Mumbai rate, shall be approximately ₹ 95,000. In addition, different Allowances such as Leave Travel Concession by air, each year up to first eight years (subject to conditions) and as soon as in two years thereafter, Children’s Education Allowance and Professional Update Allowance are additionally payable.
Interested candidates can go to the online application page by clicking here.
|Last date for Registration for Online Application||7th August, 2021|
|Last date for Submission of Online Application||9th August 2021|
|Online Examination Slot Booking||20th – 25th August 2021|
|Online Examination||5th – 12th September 2021|
|Display of List of candidates short-listed for Interview on Online Application Portal||21st September 2021|
|Availability primarily based option on Online Application Portal to select Interview Slot for qualified candidates||24th – 28th September 2021|
|Selection Interviews||4th – 29th October, 2021|
|Display of List of Candidates finally selected for OCES-2021 on Online Application Porta||The second week of November 2021|
|Last Date for Selected OCES-2021 Candidates desirous of DGFS to provide details of M.Tech I M.Chem. Engg. admission in a DGFS institute||Third week of November 2021|
|Declaration of List of Applicants Selected for DGFS-2021 on Online Application Portal||30th November 2021|
Read More Below:
- Graduate & Technician Apprenticeship 2021-22 by ISRO, Ahmedabad | Apply by 31st Aug
- Multiple Posts under NHM at District Health Family Welfare Society, Sonipat | Apply by 7th September
- Scientific & Technical Officer –E at IUCAA, Pune | Apply by 31st August
- Apprenticeship 2021 for Graduate/ Diploma & Management Students at POWERGRID | Applications Open till 20th August
- Multiple Posts at State Bank of India, Mumbai | Applications Open till 2nd Sep