Applications are invited from eligible candidates for the IFAO-PCMA Post-Doctoral Fellowship 2022-23.
About IFAO PCMA Fellowship:
The Institut français d’archéologie Orientale (IFAO) and the Polish Centre of Mediterranean Archaeology, University of Warsaw (PCMA) invite applications for a 16-months Post-Doctoral Fellowship, starting 1st March 2022 till 30 June 2023.
The Post-Doctoral Fellow will arrange an international two-day Seminar/Workshop on a topic about Ancient and Medieval Northeastern Africa (Egypt and/or Nubia). The application should define the state-of-the-art within the proposed topic and present an added value to the research of past societies. We encourage cross-disciplinary proposals providing a wider, comparative perspective of the area under research.
The conference will happen in Cairo in Autumn 2022. Following the conference, the Post-Doctoral Fellow will oversee the edition of the proceedings and can submit the manuscript for approval by the joint IFAO-PCMA editorial committee. During the entire course of the appointment, the Fellow will participate in the scientific activities of IFAO and PCMA and perform his/her research.
The Fellow is expected to stay in Cairo in the course of the Fellowship and divide his/her time equally between the PCMA and IFAO. The position is a grant, not an employment position, based on Polish and French regulations. The stipend for your complete period of the Fellowship is 32 000 Euros in total, paid on a month-to-month basis.
- The applicant should maintain a doctoral degree (Ph.D.) in self-discipline associated with the study of Ancient and Medieval Northeastern Africa and/or the Near East for a maximum of 7 years as of 15th November 2021.
- The Fellowship is open for candidates of all nationalities.
The application will embody:
- Cover letter
- Max. 5-page proposal in English outlining the purpose and structure of the Seminar/Workshop program, together with the names and paper topics of at least 4 key participants who’ve agreed to participate within the event. For budgetary reasons, the IFAO and PCMA will cover the prices of journey and lodging of no more than 4 invited speakers.
- Curriculum vitae, together with the record of publications.
- The names and contact info (together with emails) for 3 referees.
Applications need to be sent as a single pdf file to [email protected] and firstname.lastname@example.org earlier than the 15th of November 2021, 2:00 PM, Cairo time. Inquiries can be directed to [email protected] or email@example.com with the topic heading “PCMA-IFAO Postdoctoral Fellowship”.
All incomplete or late applications shall be declared ineligible and excluded from the selection process. All eligible applications will be reviewed by external specialists who will provide an evaluation of the applicant’s research excellence and the quality of the proposal.
The ultimate choice shall be made by a Selection Committee composed of the administrators of the IFAO and PCMA or their representative and two external experts, primarily based on external reviews and the evaluation of the committee members. The outcomes of the selection process will be announced by the 15th of December 2021.
November 15, 2021
Click here to view the official notification for the IFAO-PCMA Post-Doctoral Fellowship 2022-23.
Read More Similar Opportunities Below:
- LimeChat Off Campus Drive 2023, Frontend Developer, 2+ Years Experience
- Boeing Off Campus Drive 2023, hiring as Associate Software Engineer, 0-3 yr exp
- Micron Off Campus Drive 2023, hiring freshers as Associate Software Engineer
- Cornerstone Off Campus Drive 2023, Hiring as Associate Software Engineer
- SmartDocs Java Developer Off Campus Drive 2022, 0-2 yr exp can apply