Entries are invited for the USAID Global LEAD Digital Storytelling Contest 2021.
About the Contest
The United States Agency for International Development’s (USAID) Global Leadership and Education Advancing Development (Global LEAD) Initiative, YouthPower2: Learning and Evaluation (YP2LE), and Generation Unlimited (GenU), together with different global partners, have joined forces for this digital storytelling contest to show how youth are using the power of change to make the world a greater place.
The contest is open to all members of the general public who’re:
- Citizens of low- and middle-income countries (LMICs) as listed here,
- Aged 18-35, and
- Members of YouthLead with a member profile that’s at least 80 percent complete.
All video and/or slideshow submissions should:
- Be not than three minutes;
- Have a title and brief description; and
- Be an original work by the Entrant created for the purpose of this contest.
Submissions shouldn’t embody copyrighted materials. The use of copyrighted supplies will result in speedy disqualification.
In addition, submissions that were published on different platforms or prior publications are not going to be considered.
Direct video uploads aren’t permitted at YouthLead.org. Please upload your video submissions using a free, trusted third-party platform (e.g., YouTube, Vimeo) and supply us with the link.
Videos have to be of a high enough quality to view uninterrupted, and a minimum of 480p.
- Entries that don’t meet the submission standards for the competition will be excluded.
- Decisions of the Judging Panel are ultimate and aren’t topic to appeal.
- This contest is skills-based and chance plays no part within the dedication of the winners.
Voting / Judging Criteria
Submissions that meet the competition guidelines will probably be displayed on the #WatchOurImpact Contest Video Gallery page, where new and present YouthLead members can vote on their favorite contest entries. Voting will open July 1 and close on July 23.
There may also be a committee of judges whose votes will probably be weighted to account for any bots used to interfere with the voting process. The judges will consider the submissions based mostly on the following standards (“Judging Criteria”):
- Voice and Power
- Experience and Engagement
Voice and Power (30 percent) – Does the Entrant’s “voice” come via within the video or slideshow? Do the viewers have a greater understanding of the activity? Is it expressive? Does it seize emotion(s)?
Experience and Engagement (20 percent) – Does the submission assist the viewers to better understand or join with the Entrant’s experience? Does it maintain the viewers engaged?
Inspire (25 percent) – Does the submission encourage the viewers to wish to study more or take action?
Impact (25 percent) – Does the submission capture the impactful work being carried out within the Entrant’s community or deliver consideration to the cause?
The profitable submissions will be printed at YouthLead.org, promoted via our YouthLead social media channels and e-newsletter, and introduced throughout all campaign partners’ social media channels. In addition, contest winners will:
- Take part in the USAID Global LEAD #WatchOurImpact Dialogue with other VIPs on August 12.
- Be featured on GenU’s website.
- Have the chance to meet with a senior member of the GenU global leadership council or board.
- Lead a “social media takeover” of GenU accounts.
- Become a part of GenU’s pool of moderators.
- Be connected with GenU country offices.
How to Register?
Interested participants can register for the competition by this link.
July 23, 2021
Click here to view the official notification for the USAID Global LEAD Digital Storytelling Contest 2021.
Read More Related Posts Below:
- Samsung SRIB Software Developer Hiring Challenge 2021[Online]: Register by 24th Oct
- Project BookPecker Fellowship(WFH): Application Deadline 7th November
- Financial Content Writing Internship at SEBI, Mumbai: Deadline 30th October
- IFAO-PCMA Post-Doctoral Fellowship 2022-23 Stipend Up to 27 Lakhs | Application Deadline 27th November
- Participate in Adobe Analytics Challenge 2021 ( Prize worth 44L) | Apply by 21st September