Applications are invited from eligible candidates for the Daniele Tamagni International Photography Grant 2021.
About the Grant
This is a global Photography Grant with funding for a Scholarship for higher education and is designed to sponsor younger and rising photographers.
The spirit of this initiative promotes the dissemination of the African culture, its creativity, the impact of its visible aesthetics on the continent and the diaspora, and the in-depth exploration of the medium of photojournalism.
The official language of the initiative is English as the Recipient of the Scholarship has to be proficient in English to learn from the workshops and the opinions.
Each applicant should submit the following:
- a portfolio of min 20, max 30, totally captioned images, 72 DPI (jpg), 1200 pixels longest dimension, captioned
- max 2 initiatives with a synopsis or a description of the project(s). (PDF, max 500 strokes)
- a declaration of proficiency and command of English to comply with the Scholarship
- a brief bio and a motivation statement for attending the course
- only, when possible, a quick testimonial by their Teacher(s).
Applicant should confirm the following conditions:
- To be the sole creator of the photographs
- Her-His possession of the proprietary rights in the photographs
- The submitted portfolio doesn’t infringe third-social gathering copyrights or violates privateness rights
- For communication, promotion, and cultural initiatives, the recipient agrees that the Daniele Tamagni Foundation, with phrases of perpetuity and free of rights, is entitled to use the photographs from the Submission and Graduation Portfolios (the digital records data and its copy)
The Grant is non-transferable and no money or credit options shall be substituted apart from the scholarship on supply. To be entitled to the Grant, attendance at the Market Photo Workshop Course in Johannesburg is a must.
The Daniele Tamagni Estate and Partners will help the Recipient in acquiring a Student Visa in South Africa at some point in the Scholarship. Should the visa not be granted for causes not attributable to the Daniele Tamagni Estate, no money or credit score alternatives are foreseen.
The scholarship contains:
- Market Photo Workshop School tuition for a one-year enrolment to the Photojournalism and Documentary Photography. Program data will be found here.
- A month-to-month stipend of 10,000 ZAR (around 580€/650$) for 12 months, to cover accommodation, meals, and different out of pocket expenses, whereas attending the Course on the School in Johannesburg
- Medical insurance
- A return Economy class air ticket from the place of residence to Johannesburg ZA.
- Assistance within the visa application, when required.
During the Scholarship, the recipient will create a new body of work to be offered for admission to the Addis Foto Fest in Ethiopia and an Italian Photography Festival (nonetheless to be confirmed). The Recipient may even be launched to worldwide photograph editors and professionals inside the media trade.
Interested candidates can go to the official application page for the grant through this link.
- 1st June – 10th August 2021 submissions to Photo Market Workshop platform
- By 5th September Jury choice of 3 nominees
- By 20th September Director of Market Photo Workshop, Chairman
of the Jury, plus another Jury member will interview the 3 nominees
- By 25th September notification to Recipient who should verify acceptance
of the Grant by 30th September
- By 1st October preparation of scholarship, Visa utility is required for South Africa, and so on
- The first week of December the recipient shall be invited to Addis Foto Fest in Addis Abeba, to receive the award and can attend workshops and portfolio opinions with worldwide photograph editors. Participation and travel to Addis Abeba to be confirmed in due time if possible.
- January 2022 the course starts in Johannesburg (date to be defined)
For queries, please email: [email protected]
Click here to view the official notification for the Daniele Tamagni International Photography Grant 2021.
Read More Similar Posts Below:
- Participate in Adobe Analytics Challenge 2021 ( Prize worth 44L) | Apply by 21st September
- Amrit Mahotsav Shri Shakti Challenge 2021 by MyGov [Grants Upto Rs. 10 L] | Apply by 17th September
- Young Global Changemakers (YGC) Award 2021 | Apply by 31st August
- Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana Quiz Contest 2021 by Govt of India [Prizes of Rs. 19k]: Register by 21st August
- Goethe Institut Upcycling Competition 2021 [Prizes Worth Rs. 87k] | Submit Application by 15th Sept.