Medtronic is Hiring Freshers for the role of Software Engineer – I. Candidates with having 0-2 years of experience are eligible to apply. Check your eligibility for the job opening.
Table of Contents
- About Medtronic:
- Roles & Responsibilities:
- Minimum Qualifications:
- Nice to have Qualification:
- Hiring Process:
- Read Full Notification – Medtronic Freshers Hiring | Software Engineer – I
- More Off-Campus Job Openings:
Medtronic plc is an American-Irish registered medical device company that primarily operates in the United States. Medtronic has an operational and executive headquarters in Minneapolis, Minnesota in the US. In 2015, Medtronic acquired Irish–tax registered Covidien (a U.S. tax inversion to Ireland from 2007), in the largest U.S. corporate tax inversion in history, which enabled Medtronic to move its legal registration from the U.S. to Ireland. Medtronic operates in 140 countries and employs over 104,950 people.
Roles & Responsibilities:
The Software Engineer – I is responsible for providing development in the software development of cutting-edge products used in the medical field. Specific tasks include:
- Design, develop, test, debug, and implementation of assigned software components, software tools, and utilities.
- Adheres to defined software engineering policies, standards, and procedures.
- Understand the software design requirements.
- Demonstrates good coding practices.
- Functions well in a team environment.
- Formulate, deliver and/or manage assigned projects to achieve desired results.
- Deliver initiatives related to new technologies or therapies – from design to implementation using specialized knowledge and skills. Makes minor changes in systems and processes to solve problems
- Troubleshooting, debugging, maintaining, and supporting existing software products.
- Supporting labs and surgical evaluations of products.
- Reports to the Software Manager for functional leadership.
- Frequent interaction with Global stakeholders, Software Developers, team members from other disciplines, particularly SWQA, SW V&V engineers, to develop software test requirements and other project artifacts.
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in computer science/ ECE/EE or equivalent
- BE with 0-3 years of experience in software design and development is required.
- Medical Device Industry or related experience
- Expertise in Embedded C in RTOS development environment.
- Working knowledge of communication protocols ( I2C, SPI, UART).
- Hands-on experience in Embedded / Firmware Device Driver
- Experience in hardware/software interfacing and design issues required.
- Ability to define, develop and implement automated unit/integration test solutions
- Generate Software Metrics for Unit Testing, Integration Testing
- Embedded processors, controllers, and development tools: emulators, logic analyzers, scopes, stack analysis, static analysis tools, software version control
- Great verbal and written communication skills with the ability to articulate complex ideas in easy-to-understand business terms.
- Good interpersonal, presentation, and organizational skills
- Works collaboratively with software engineers, and SW QA. Flexible in working under changing and different work settings and work in different time zones
- Ability to work in a team environment and directly contribute to its success.
Nice to have Qualification:
- MS with 0 -2 years of experience in software design and development is preferred.
- Experience working in regulated environments and delivering new products in compliance with global regulatory standards
- Prior experience leading the development of FDA Class I, II, and III Medical Device systems
- Prior experience with and working understanding of complex embedded systems and software
- Medical device software development experiences a plus
- Knowledge of OOA&D and familiarity with UML are strongly desired.
- Experience in medical device SW development is added advantage
- Online Assessment
- Technical Interview
- HR Interview
More Off-Campus Job Openings:
Subscribe to Our Telegram Channel:
Follow us on LinkedIn:
Like us on Facebook: