Applications are invited for the Microsoft Artificial Intelligence (AI) for Accessibility Grants.
About the Program
AI for Accessibility grants help initiatives that use AI to empower people living with disabilities. We are searching for people or groups who are not only passionate about making the world more inclusive but additionally firmly rooted within the communities they intend to benefit from. We need to invest in concepts that are developed by or with individuals with disabilities.
They invite applications from developers, NGOs, lecturers, researchers, and inventors to speed up their work for people with disabilities. This is a worldwide program: Grant applications from all international locations are eligible.
- In addition to Azure compute credits worth $10,000, $15,000, or $20,000 (relying on your project scope and needs), these grants cover prices associated with collecting or labeling knowledge, creating models, or different engineering-related work. Applications are evaluated on their scientific benefit, innovative use of AI technology, and potential for scalability.
- Our group of AI for Accessibility grantees additionally receive Azure developer support, resources, and alternatives to collaborate and showcase their work.
AI for Accessibility grant applications is reviewed by Microsoft staff who’re straight involved within the AI for Accessibility grant selection process for the only real goal of proposal evaluation and to find out the grant level to be provided. Projects should be developed with or by people with disabilities. Applications are evaluated on the next standards:
- Relevance: AI and/or machine learning are core to the project’s success.
- Impact: Your project clearly elevates education, employment, community, or home outcomes for somebody with a disability.
- Data: Your team is open to sharing privacy-compliant knowledge for future innovation.
- Feasible: The project is achievable within a one-year timeframe. This could be part 1 of your project, however, there should be tangible deliverables accomplished every quarter which are wrapped up in 12 months.
- Capable: Your team should have the knowledge and ability to deliver the idea, or it is best to have a plan to partner with somebody who can fill in any gaps.
- Sustainable: The project has room to develop beyond the first year of funding.
- Showcase-able: We need to speak about whatever you deliver!
How to Submit?
- Submit your project proposal through the online application form.
- Review the proposal requirements document. Your project proposal ought to describe the accessibility problem addressed, the technical answer proposed, and its potential influence on people with disabilities. Please follow the application form and be as specific as possible.
They accept proposals on a rolling basis and evaluate them a couple of times a year. Our subsequent deadlines are:
- Employment: July 30, 2021, 11:59 PM Pacific Time
- Low-Cost Assistive Technology (AT): December 17, 2021, 11:59 PM Pacific Time
Email: [email protected]
For more details, click the link below.
Read More Similar Posts Below:
- Participate in Adobe Analytics Challenge 2021 ( Prize worth 44L) | Apply by 21st September
- Amrit Mahotsav Shri Shakti Challenge 2021 by MyGov [Grants Upto Rs. 10 L] | Apply by 17th September
- Young Global Changemakers (YGC) Award 2021 | Apply by 31st August
- Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana Quiz Contest 2021 by Govt of India [Prizes of Rs. 19k]: Register by 21st August
- Goethe Institut Upcycling Competition 2021 [Prizes Worth Rs. 87k] | Submit Application by 15th Sept.